Recommend Power Line Adapter Please

Edit My Images
Yes
As per the title looking recommendations for best vfm adapters. The situation is that our phone line comes into the house upstairs so that's where the router is. The WiFi around the house is OK but I'm looking to use the BT box as a TV recorder in the lounge. As this needs an ethernet input I'm guessing power line adapters are the way to go ?

I think I got these ones from maplins.

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/tp-link-...VqLvtCh3K8gdbEAQYAiABEgLLjPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I had to go with pass through as I couldn't lose a socket (all three available sockets were in use). I had to get these adapters as the TVs wifi card had failed and wired was the only way to get the TV working again. Easy to set up and I've had no problems since. As long as your upstairs sockets and down stairs sockets are on the same ring main I can't see why it wouldn't work.

As this needs an ethernet input I'm guessing power line adapters are the way to go ?
That's what I do, plus other heavy bandwidth usage items such as the boy's xbox and I use TP Link adaptors similar to the ones Rob linked above

That's what I do, plus other heavy bandwidth usage items such as the boy's xbox and I use TP Link adaptors similar to the ones Rob linked above

I can also endorse tp link power adapters I use them for gaming consoles in the house

I have 3 devolo powerline adapters which have been faultless for 4 years, also use tp link WiFi range extenders, no probs either

Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated I will need the pass through model but is it worth paying for the two port models

I have some from TP-Link and they work well for me.

My first power line adapters were Netgear and I experienced lots of dropped connections, eventually I changed to the BT branded adapters and have found them to be 100% reliable.

Chris

Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated I will need the pass through model but is it worth paying for the two port models
I've always bought Devolo but TP-Link should be as good. It's worth noting that all makes except Netgear should interwork so you can mix-and-match if required. There are two versions of the powerline standard and Netgear chose to go with the 'other' one....
I have a three-port unit in the living-room - one for the TV, one for the HTPC and one for the now-unused Blu-ray player but only a single-port unit to the router.
Don't expect anything like the rated speed from a powerline link. I rarely see much more that 100Mb/s throughput even with 650Mb/s-rated units.

TP link here, I have a few, the software shows how they are linking to the master. Work very well

I’ve been using the tp link AV200 for years with no probems, usually on extension sockets and one in a shed down the garden on an extension lead (20+ yards).
Has anyone tried these people:
https://www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerline-500av-index.htm
They were recommended in another thread for a different product. Seems a very informative site.

Back