Recommendations for a Printer <£500

Name
Sandeep
Edit My Images
No
I think I've now reached a point where I cannot read or do any more research on my own! Do you have any recommendations for a printer for home use only for less than £500.

Any help will be much appreciated :)

I think I've now reached a point where I cannot read or do any more research on my own! Do you have any recommendations for a printer for home use only for less than £500. Any help will be much appreciated :)
I bought an Epson R3000 and it's very good but slightly out of your price range by £50.
The 2880 is pretty much the same for about 450.
Look how much you want to spend on ink first and maybe considered a canon pro series.

Thanks Fred. I've got a £60 voucher which would bring the epson into range. I'm swaying towards the epson over the canon because of the options for ink. I couldn't find good reviews for the canon for aftermarket ink

Funny you should ask. I had a good search and found a brand new model ,came on the market this September. Its an Epson Photo XP 950, well worth checking out does up to A3 size yet the overall width is a fraction more than an A4 printer namely the epson 710W.

So purchased it and it came this afternoon from Amazon, infact I have only just opened the box. great specification just check it out. Price £327. Ink cart wise uses the same as the Epson 750 and plenty of original or third party ink retailers to choose from

Last edited:
I've had an epson r3000 for about 2 years and can wholeheartedly recommend it. Not had a single issue with it and the print quality is excellent.

I have a Canon iP7250 which only cost me £50 and can create some stunning photo prints! Although of course there are better printers out there for photography but won't comment on them because I don't have one ^^.

epson 3800 would give cost effective (because of the ink capacity) great quality prints on paper or canvas up to A3

Can't comment on specifics since I've only got one photo printer but a couple of general points.

Firstly, I would never use cheap cartridges, only genuine ones. This is because I did try one once and swapped it for a genuine one PDQ because the colour was off (significantly - probably dealt with by calibration but not worth it), that colour faded fast, even in a sleeve (which would have made any effort calibrating for the ink a waste of time...) and there are loads of horror stories (first hand as well as "I read it on the web") about 3rd part inks blocking nozzles (not a cheap fix).

Secondly, I would look at A3(+) printers if you have the desk space for one. An A3 printer can print 6x4 prints but an A4 printer can't do A3!

There are reasons Epson and Canon have the lions' share of the market, not the smallest of which is that they simply produce better and longer lasting inkjet prints than the others.

Back