Recommendations for a small carry case

Name
Darius
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, does anyone have good recommendations on a small camera body + 2 lenses carry case? I usually travel with a 50mm and a 15-70mm with a 5d and dont want to have a backpack with me always. Something I can quickly access a camera/lens from. Thank you

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, does anyone have good recommendations on a small camera body + 2 lenses carry case? I usually travel with a 50mm and a 15-70mm with a 5d and dont want to have a backpack with me always. Something I can quickly access a camera/lens from. Thank you
Welcome! From 1000 photographers you’ll get 1001 answers to this question. A lot depends on budget. Personally I like Billingham or Peak Design, but really you need to get to a real camera shop and try a few.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I use a Lowepro Toploader 55 AW II when travelling light.

Camera and a 70-200 attached or use the velcro separator and take the camera with a smaller lens with another underneath the velcroed area. If that makes sense?

(Modified for spelling)

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
No
From 1000 photographers you’ll get 1001 answers to this question.
That can't be right. I've got 5 or 6 answers myself. :)

I just put together a new kit and I've been trying to figure out a good bag for what I do. Luckily for me, bags just do not hold their value and you can pick them up for next to nothing used. Let's me try a bunch. (Downside is, once I figure out that I don't like a bag, I'm stuck with it and it takes up a lot of room.)

Personally, I like shoulder bags.

I settled, for a few weeks, on a Think Tank Retrospective 5. It's perfect for a DSLR with a lens attached plus one extra lens. Problem was that pretty much every time I took it out, I needed that third lens.

Even though I don't carry nearly as much gear as I used to, figured I'd try a new copy of the old Domke F-2 that I carried everywhere 30 years ago. Should have been a no-brainer. Turns out it's not a whole lot bigger than that little TTR5 but I can carry a DLSR with a lens attached, 2 unattached lenses, and a second DSLR body with room to spare.

Last edited: