Recommendations for B&W film processing

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Morning all
My local ASDA have decided that they will now only develop 1 B&W film a month. Jessops want to charge me £18.50 for developing & printing and it takes about 7 working days, Max Speilmann take about the same time & Boots have said it will take about 14 days. ASDA have charged £7 in the past for a set of prints & a CD.

I normally use films that require a C41 process, on this occasion it's an HP5.

Can anyone recommend either a shop or mail order processing company that can offer a reasonable turnround & price? (I think £18.50p is expensive). There's no rush for the pics but I'd appreciate any recommendations so that I know where to go in the future
Thanks

check out Photo Express....''here''

I do B&W c41.....they develop and scan to a cd - no prints...for £5 PP

brilliant

upload to PC - edit - then I print only what I need

Have a look at Club35, I generally use them for all my developing and although they are not as cheap as Asda etc the quality is very good and they don't take very long, last lot were back in 4 days.

Andy

Wait, I thought OP is trying to get some non-C41 process B&W film done?

On this occasion, yes I am, but it would still be good to find an alternative to ASDA's 1 film a month policy.

Thanks for all the replies so far

Maybe give the dark room in Cheltenham a buzz, I've not had any HP5 done but assume they can process it. Turnaround is very quick, usually get them posted back out same day they arrive.

On this occasion, yes I am, but it would still be good to find an alternative to ASDA's 1 film a month policy.

Thanks for all the replies so far

Photo Express only does C41 process, so bear that in mind. I'm going to try Genie when I get the chance, £2 for dev only is pretty reasonable.

Photo Express only does C41 process, so bear that in mind. I'm going to try Genie when I get the chance, £2 for dev only is pretty reasonable.

WoW it was £2.50 not so long ago for 120 and 35mm

WoW it was £2.50 not so long ago for 120 and 35mm

I can drop it off in person as well, so to me it's a no brainer - although I don't shoot E6, it's £1.99 for E6 as well I believe (120 AND 35mm) which makes it near enough the cheapest place I know of for it. I'm just hoping it lives up to the reputation.

You could always do it yourself? Or maybe someone local to you would do it for you?

Back