recommendations please

Edit My Images
Yes
hi gang

i am after a compact that has full manual control and can shoot in raw.

dont think i can afford a leica..

i know there are the canon g series and ricoh's out there but what are all you thoughts on the top performer?

cheers

hi gang

i am after a compact that has full manual control and can shoot in raw.

dont think i can afford a leica..

i know there are the canon g series and ricoh's out there but what are all you thoughts on the top performer?

cheers

Canon G11 seems like a good idea to me (y)

I bought a G10. I originally wanted a G9 cos of the focal length was better if I remember correctly. The 2nd hand G9's were fetching a higher price than a new G10 at the time.

The image quality was superb at lower ISO's on the G10 and made a great holiday camera, but unfortunately I had to sell it due to being skint.

It is a bit bulky compared to other compacts, but great when you didn't want to carry a DSLR around.

Never tried it at high ISO's, but told it gets too noisy after 400.

Anyone got a ricoh gx200? Wanna know how it compares to the competition.

We use the G11 a compact trainer which takes good pictures but it's hard to defocus backgrounds due to short focal length of lens, Noise levels much improved on g10, crappy viewfinder is useful in very bright light, flapping LCD is clumsy but all in all great camera.

I have Gf1 which is magic with 20mm f1.7 and voigtlander viewfinder on top sometimes which makes it feel like my old M3. V Highly recommended. sent the other lenses back.

John www.phototuition.net

Back