Recommended lenses for A200?

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys. I recently bought a Sony A200 with the 18-70mm lens. However I want to buy myself extra lens for different purposes. Obviously I don't want to go overboard as I'm on a budget, but looking for a zoom lens for mostly in city shots and looking for a lens for low light usage (night time shots). I was recommended the Minolta AF 50mm F/1.7 for low light (not sure if this is good or not). But have no idea what zoom lens to go for?

As I'm hoping to travel light as possible whenever I take the camera with me. How much of a difference for example would you say a Tamron 18-200mm and a Minolta 100-300mm be in quality and what would you say be better for travel usage out of the say 2?

Kind regards,

Jay

Aye that was my post that started that :D

Im going to get the tamron lens I think its 60 quid gets really good reviews on dyxum and then if I do start getting better at photography and want to upgrade I wont be too gutted about upgrading

How much of a difference for example would you say a Tamron 18-200mm and a Minolta 100-300mm be in quality and what would you say be better for travel usage out of the say 2?
Tamron improved IQ a lot between the 18-200 & the 18-250mm so get the 18-250mm if looking at this.
If you decide to go for a Minolta 100-300mm then you want to look for an APO or APO D - there was a non APO 100-300mm & there is a marked difference.

between the 2, well the 18-250mm obviously has far greater focal range meaning less lens changing whereas the Minolta has that little extra reach if you need it & of course is FF compatible if you were ever to upgrade (although I think that something like an A900 or future equiv. would show up it's shortcomings).

The 55-200mm Tammy looks like an excellent budget choice as a complement to the kit 18-70mm.

Back