Recommended Macro lens?

tigerimages

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend me a good "starter" macro lens? I have a Canon 40D and I'd prefer to spend less than £300. I read that the sigma 105mm is a good one but I'd like to hear other recommendations before I buy :)

Do a search for macro lens in this area and you'll have hundreds of results, I think this question gets asked at least twice a week :LOL:

You're in luck buddy, I'm selling my starting macro lens (sigma 50mm) in the for sale section, it's a great lens, (then why sell it? the MP-E 65mm thats why). Honestly though it is a fantastic lens, I'm sure the 105 great too, it makes a good low light portrait lens too. my war gallery taken with the sig is here, if your interested :)

it really depends on what you want to shoot...the longer focal lengths are better for stuff like insects etc as the lens will be further away from the subject and less likely to spook them..for flowers and the like,i guess it matters not a jot...

Well I've got one of those lightbox thingys from Maplin and fancy doing some closeup stuff with that.

Do a search for macro lens in this area and you'll have hundreds of results, I think this question gets asked at least twice a week :LOL:
I did search but saw nothing that specifically related to what I wanted to know.

You're in luck buddy, I'm selling my starting macro lens (sigma 50mm) in the for sale section, it's a great lens, (then why sell it? the MP-E 65mm thats why). Honestly though it is a fantastic lens, I'm sure the 105 great too, it makes a good low light portrait lens too. my war gallery taken with the sig is here, if your interested :)

Totaly off topic but I've not scene that set of shots before and I have to say they are excellent, great idea well posed and brilliantly captured.

Back