Recommended online sellers list (Photography related!)

• Thread starter reddeathdrinker
  • Start date
warehouse express
7dayshop
picstop

Picstop and 7day for pricing and usually quick delivery
WE for buy now pay later, prices okay, delivery quick

A J Purdy ... (y)

www.ajpurdy.co.uk

First class service and after sales combined with competitive pricing on pretty much the full range of the two major marques from cameras, lenses, flash and all accessories and bags ... recommended ... :D

:p

Jessops, they get alot of stick - often from myself, but give them credit in that they have delivered two of my favourite lenses at good prices and with prompt delivery :bonk:

Jessops (y)

Good point ;)

Morris Photographic, coz I ordered a Manfrotto 190 ProB tripod and 490RC4 ball head from them on Tuesday (hoping they'd arrive by the weekend) and they arrived today at 11.00am. Oh and their price was better than anywhere else I could find on the interweb. It doesn't get any better than that (y)

:)

Morris photographic

For the same reason as Grendel, I bought a Manfrotto 190 PRO B tripod and 460MG head and received it within 48hrs and at a superb price.

I have also bought Ilford Galerie Paper from them and a box of 100 sheets cost me just £22.95.

I thoroughly recommend them. :)

Maybe a bit off topic, but for those who need photography related computer hardware like printers and consumables and additional storage capacity, be it hard drives or optical media, aswell as obviously most other computer related products I would very happily recommend Dabs. Have been using them for between 7 to 8 years and never had any problem whatsoever with the quality of their service (y)

They have great prices, a large range of products from many of the main manufacturers, plus delivery has always been very fast.

Dabs

www.picstop.co.uk for memory cards,great price superfast delivery.

www.w2w.com for memory cards, great price free delivery,good delivery time.

www.onestop-digital.com, great price, free delivery,and my delivery was 5 working days, pretty good from hong kong i reckon.

Cameraking.co.uk
They were excellent and delivered a 190MF4 Tripod and 322RC2 Head within 24 hours at the best price i could find in early December 2006.

Also, surprisingly was Amazon for M1-L3 wireless remote shutter release for my Nikon D70s. It was only £11 new! It is sold by Amazon but distributed via a third party in the uk.

To be fair to them, my local Jessops (in Milton Keynes) have always price matched web prices as long as I can prove it is .co.uk and in stock and also give you 10% of the difference on top. I managed to get 2 Sandisk Ultra 3 2GB's for less than £30 each in Nov 06.

Morris Photo for cheap prices and free delivery on Lowepro camera bags in Oct 06.

Although not 'online', Kerso's lens prices for camera lens are FAB.
Jas

www.colab.com for professional printing, not let us down at all with the competition prints, giving a high quality service, and a nice discount to members...

For Nikon, I can recommend Grays and Aperture (especially for used nikkors etc)

Both are really nice places to visit (Aperture has a cafe) as well as Nikon experts (Aperture does Canon and Leica too) with solidly reliable reputations.

Mymemory.co.uk

Quick delivery - and they put chocolate in my packages... Uummm!!!

Another (y) for 7dayshop for value
recommend MX2 as well for printer paper and inks
http://www.xxlpix.co.uk/ for canvas's (recommended by someone else on here and v.pleased with result:))
http://www.cameras2u.com for cheap cameras and lenses (part of Jessops co - but cheaper!!)
Also http://www.digitaltoyshop.com/ ordered a Raynox lens from them, arrived second day after order, from Portugal!!:)

well i tried to do a pricematch with OneStopDigital last week as they say they will on their site, sent it through twice and not had any reply at all............ even to say they couldnt reach the price...so that didnt give me a good opening impression :thinking:

I went to them cause of the good reviews that had on here and because they say they will refund any duty.

Camerapricebuster do not always list the cheapest supplier, Dixons are never mentioned and are often the cheapest.
http://www.dixons.co.uk/

I would never use Dixons again, after they refused to return a broken pair of headphones (because the price had changed), as a better alternative I would use John Lewis as they will price match, and deal with any problems without question, I have even been compensated for petrol and parking, when returning an item :)

I think it's worth mentioning that most of the UK online camera retailers websites don't have accurate stock checking, so you should always give them a call to make sure the item you want is in stock.

For lenses I use the ebay Hong Kong based seller URGalaxy, as they cover the cost of vat if charged.

Having had to get my son home for Xmas from Bristol uni this morning I thought I would test the recommendations above about Bristol Camera Centre. Top notch, though they hadnt heard of this site when i mentioned the praise that had lead me to them...they opened up a new D300 so I could test out the Sigma 170-500 I was looking at, let me take it out the shop and down the street (although I had left my son as collaterial)....and good price to, so I have my xmas pressie to myself now and they didnt then try and sell me the most expensive filter to keep the lens safe (y)

Just received my MB-D10 battery grip this morning for the D300 from Campkins. Great friendly service and it cost £164.00. Thats £80 - £90 cheaper than most of the other stockists. I don't know how they did that but I would definitely use them again.

Chris :)

Recommended
www.photobox.co.uk - photo printing - very fast service, good pricing and very good customer service - i have placed over 150 orders with them during 2007:clap:

www.fixationuk.com - I have brought used camera grear from them and had camera repair work done by them - good prices and service:clap:

www.mymemory.com - memory cards - good prices and sevice - i had a problem with one card from them that had become faulty - they replaced with a better card (more expensive) without question or cost to me:clap:

Not recomended
http://www.hiltonphoto.co.uk/:thumbsdown:
A product that i brought from them was delivered to the wrong address:rules: - they seemed not the slightest bit interested, that it had not been delivered to the person who was paying for it (me). I got it sorted in the end - not recomended:puke:

Back