Recommended printer

Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone

I am currently using a Epson R200 printer but it is coming to the end of its working life. I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations for a replacement.

thanks
Gordon

I did ALOT of research into printers and basically found that printers cost alot due to the "extras" they come with, such as scanner, fax, copier, speed, etc etc.
I wanted a printer that does decent ppi prints for decent photos and not much else.

I wanted to stick to the Canon range as thats what ive always had but the ip4600 was £80 and the inks cost a fortune.

After sometime looking about i found the Epson D120. It is a basic printer with 5760 x 1440dpi, dual black ink cartridges, 20ppm colour.
All for £48 delivered next day. I got mine from http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=17068&tid=gsearch.
I have been using it for a couple of days and found it superb.

Not sur ehow much the inks cost yet, but they will be alot cheaper than the Canon.

HTH
:D

I think page size, budget and must have features would help!

I have a Canon i4600 and for photo's on good (Canon) paper it's great. For anything else my 5 year old HP beats it hands down. The cost of running it is also huge although I new that when I bought it. So although the Canon does a great job when you need the ultimate it's not a good all rounder and is very costly to run.

For £200 you could get the..

Epson PX700W - Printer/Scanner/Copier -6 Inks printer, good DPI and great colour definition, also has a great scanner and the advantage of being wireless, £150

The HP 5380 - Printer/Scanner/Copier-5 inks, great quality and prints to the face of CD's, can get for a bargin price of £58!!!!

HP D5460 - 5 inks, standalone printer, no scanner/copier, great quality for the price of £48, I use this machine and its atleast twice the quality of the epson D120 for the price.

HP C8180 - Printer/Scanner/Copier -6 Inks printer, high quality scanner, wifi bluetooth, again great DPI and it also scans slides/negatives into your PC, also has touch screen, I would go for the PX700W over this machine though. £199

Cannon MP630 -Printer/Scanner/Copier- 5 Inks printer, similar to the HP 5380, but higher quality scanner I think. £170

All prices accurate as of Friday 7th August, at Staples UK in-store.

Can you guess where I work?

The Epson PX700W sounds nice, being able to print from anywhere via your router seems like a good idea and if you're happy with your R200 you'll be happier with any of the more updated Epson range.

Hi Gordon,

I bought a HP Photosmart D7260 after reading a review on printing photo's in an edition of Photoplus magazine a few months back and seeing that it came top in a group of 10 or so Budget A4 photo printers. I use mine with a CIS kit which I purchased for around £40 off an auction website and I now have a very effective way of printing some excellent photo prints upto A4 as well as a great all round work/run of the mill printer.

I like the fact that I can take a USB bluetooth dongle and print via bluetooth from mobile phones etc, and it can also been connected via a network cable from your wireless router in order to print from several computers on a local network. It also features a seperate 4x6 photo tray which holds about 20 sheets of photo paper which is ideal for making quick prints without having to faff about changing sizes and types of paper as it also has a seperate compartment for A4 paper. You can also print from the included SD,CF,XD,MS reader slots and then choose what type of prints you want from the good sized LCD touch screen and also perform several other things from the built in guide software on screen.

Overall I think it's a great printer, I only paid about £70 for mine with delivery from somewhere like Oyyy.co.uk

Mike.

Back