Beginner Recommended YouTube / Reading for a total newbie to astro

Edit My Images
Yes
As per the title I've been inspired to have a go at some astrophotography but have no idea where to start. I have no knowledge of astronomy and am not looking to do anything in deep space. I'm really seeking to take landscape images with stars similar in style to this https://www.jonallardphotography.com/product/milkyway-over-aldeburgh

I'm reasonably experienced in photography but for for this genre I'm starting with a total blank sheet of paper hence my request. I know I can use Google and YouTube but the problem is having zero knowledge I don't know if the advice being given is good or otherwise.

Any steer on what's needed much appreciated

Move shoot ambassadors on YouTube worked for me but any other suggestions would be good for me too.

I’d start there will go away and find what I used

I'm in the middle of reading the new Fotovue book to do a review, very impressed so far with its comprehensiveness.

The best overall for landscape astrophotography is Alyn Wallace on YouTube. What he does is stunning and informational.
Lee

Alyn Wallace, Richard Tatti, I think Michael Shameblum has done some.

tbh the technical side of things isn't that complicated. Just get enough light in with longer exposures and a tracker OR shorter exposures with higher ISO and multiple images to stack for noise reduction.

I do a bit of both depending on the situation. I also usually shoot 2 sets of images for focus stacking too but again that depends on the location/subject and aperture used.

As per the title I've been inspired to have a go at some astrophotography but have no idea where to start. I have no knowledge of astronomy and am not looking to do anything in deep space. I'm really seeking to take landscape images with stars similar in style to this https://www.jonallardphotography.com/product/milkyway-over-aldeburgh

I'm reasonably experienced in photography but for for this genre I'm starting with a total blank sheet of paper hence my request. I know I can use Google and YouTube but the problem is having zero knowledge I don't know if the advice being given is good or otherwise.

Any steer on what's needed much appreciated
Bit late as only just see this post, thank you for compliment, I done a lot of watching videos and trying out different techniques, have you managed to do much astro ?

Back