Record shot of a Vixen with three cubs.

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
I was in one of the hides today where all of the windows are secured to protect breeding Kingfishers when I spotted this Vixen nursing three cubs.
I had to take the photo through the glass and she was a away up a path so not the best of shots but it was great to see the family group ... she was obviously aware of my presence but happy to let the cubs feed whilst keeping an eye on me :)

Nikon D700 + 300 f4 PF VR

View attachment 100934

Wonderful, roger,ahh mate these event are so rarely seen by us,they almost always come when the view is compromised,such a shame you especially would have got something amazing here. Great image all the same and utterly fabulous to see mate
Cheers for sharing buddy I know its a grab but still a joy

stu

Wonderful, roger,ahh mate these event are so rarely seen by us,they almost always come when the view is compromised,such a shame you especially would have got something amazing here. Great image all the same and utterly fabulous to see mate
Cheers for sharing buddy I know its a grab but still a joy

stu
Thanks Stu, I think it is possibly the same fox I heard calling and then saw near the hide a few months ago...

Fox
by Roger, on Flickr

If so, great to see the success she's had :)

Shame she didn't nurse there for you mate,as with Mark a belter of a second image.so hard these unqiue moments , always seem to be in a place where getting one's best is frankly impossible.Could be the same buddy they are not always easy to ID individuals,some stand out. Absolutely lovely to see,even better to capture ,that must be pretty damn rare buddy and a cool second image
Cheers

stu

Back