Reculver at sunrise

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Allways have a camera with me when fishing.... helps to capture the feeling of being there....... Hope you enjoy them!

IMGP0493_lzn.jpg

IMGP0494_lzn.jpg

IMGP0492_lzn.jpg

IMGP0801_lzn.jpg

Dave;)

Very rarely catch anything...... just as well i like the sea in the early morning light :LOL:

Dave;)

1-3 have exposure issues with 1 having blown highlights in the top right of the photo.

2 is better but would like to see the foreground brightened up so that the detail can be seen as it look fairly nice.

3 again has blown highlights in the sky which is not always easy to deal with with landscapes but I recommend a set of ND Grads to balance the exposure between the sky and the foreground.

4 is my favorite out of all of them as it has a nice colour tone to it with great light pouring through the sky and I also like the reflection of the sky in the water in the bottom left. However I would have preferred the horizon on a third rather than on a half.

I wasn't sure if you were wanting criticism on them put thought I would put a few pointers. Good attempts nonetheless(y)

2 and 4 for me. 4 wins it though. The other two are just a bit too bright in the sky for my liking.

another vote for 4. A set of ND grads will really help out the other shots, if you do a lot of this type of photography they would be worth the investment :)

Criticism is allways welcome:)... should of added that these pics were taken on my Pentax Optio W20.... so no filters can be fitted. The camera is waterproof , thats why i take it fishing.
They have been fairly heavily cropped and i guess i'm asking alot from a little camera....

Dave;)

I really like the last one. I used to go fishing there a lot when I lived in Rochester. Very happy memories. Keep them coming.

Criticism is allways welcome:)... should of added that these pics were taken on my Pentax Optio W20.... so no filters can be fitted. The camera is waterproof , thats why i take it fishing.
They have been fairly heavily cropped and i guess i'm asking alot from a little camera....

Dave;)

in that case Dave you have to learn to fake it in photoshop;)

Thought these might be from a compact camera when I first saw them. The first two seem a bit spoiled by the lack of detail but the noise etc doesn't seem to matter so much in 3 and 4 - like those. Maybe lose the top bit of the sky in #4.

Because you said you took those using a little P & S, I thought you've done really well.
If it was taken with a high-end DLSR then I'd be concerned at the noise in them pictures, as well as that slight "blown" sky in a couple of them.
But in this case, all four pictures had got a huge thumbs up for me due to the lovely soft colours. And I'd even go as far to say that the noise actually added charm to them pictures, even if it wasn't intended!
A good example of being able to take decent photographs using a budget camera, so give yourself a pat on the back for a great effort. I can see you've got an eye for detail and overall presentation.

PS: You must bump into Neilsouth a lot as he's well known for his Reculver pictures. :) Go to the castle and you may find him hanging around there! :D

Last edited:
Well i've had a little play with them..... are these any better ?
All i ever used to do was alter a few things in ACDsee, but i downloaded Lightroom the other day and have been testing a few bits out.... i know i've alot to learn on the processing side as well !:help:... i don't know how to dull the Sun down..... but i did try to get rid of some noise.

211.jpg

IMGP0492_lzn-1.jpg

IMGP0801_lzn1.jpg

Tricky this photography isn't it.

Dave;)

Last edited:
Like the shots taken. Tehy have captured teh light well, shame about the noise in them.

The adjustments you have made look a lot better. Some nice photos there.

Back