Red ape BBC2 now please watch

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
This is what we are responsible for, you and me as I wrote in that song "Borneo",we need no more palm,we all need to understand this .........................please watch

thankyou
stu

I guess look on BBC I player?? now Eloise,it's just finished................ harrowing utterly harrowing I have no idea how to link to a television programme ,sadly. But if you are more adept than I you should find it. I really hope you can. REd button??

Sorry I can't be of more help,maybe some else here can be

Frankly although I have known about this for long enough to have put my feelings into music and words, build a recording studio play all the stuff,me and the digital world don't meet terribly well

Could someone help Eloise for me please??

cheers

stu

Let's face it, if the people of Britain can't even get together to halt the decline of our own native hedgehog, then what chance have they got of saving the orangutan? :confused: There needs to be a massive change in the way the human race sees and values things, and I can't see that happening in time before the whole thing comes crashing down on it. I can see the epitaph now: The human race, the more knowledge it gained the more ignorant it became.

Last edited:
It was disturbing to watch , appalling :(

It's not on iPlayer yet, but the programme is called "Red Ape: Saving the Orangutan" and it was on at 9pm on BBC2.

I've been off palm oil (along with non-free-range pork) for a long time now, and I've been spreading the word in appropriate social media.
Ditto poundland sell fudge without palm oil and Iceland are going to make all their own brand products palm oil free soon, so it is possible.

Yes, and the sooner the better. Almost all cake products in the supermarkets use palm oil, but I've found that many of them do sell their own range of chocolate that contains no palm oil, including Tesco, Sainsbury's, and The Co-Op. The same goes for major coffee chains such as Starbucks and Nero. Now, if only they'd start paying some tax...

Eloise,sorry for being vague,not deliberate I am what I am,I hope you got to see it,distrubing is a good word Allen, I just had tears running down my face,it's a harrowing situation. Guys there is an oranglutan lady , like Diane Fosse Berute Galicas(if my spellings' awol, my apologies I mean no disrespect ,I admire both her and Joanne Goodall so much) might be worth a dig.

I just can't see them being saved( safe) in the wild for much longer,I'm one of the most stubborn blind optimists out there.,it's so bruttaly sad The devestation so huge and palm is in so so so much.........I've always thought of an onranutan as the best of what people could be,they don't fight much kind gentle folks,whereas many other apes are of a move voilent temprement.

What all this means for the good people of Borneo long term,is no small thing.

Sorry again mate I so wanted to watch myself,simply thought everyone would instantly associate the title with the Orangs and TV My bad

Cheers for the replies hard stuff !!:(:( Nice words Mr B

stu

Yes, and the sooner the better. Almost all cake products in the supermarkets use palm oil, but I've found that many of them do sell their own range of chocolate that contains no palm oil, including Tesco, Sainsbury's, and The Co-Op. The same goes for major coffee chains such as Starbucks and Nero. Now, if only they'd start paying some tax...
Thanks for that, I have never looked at cake ingredients, this will help me lose weight. No more cakes from Sainsburys.

Ditto poundland sell fudge without palm oil and Iceland are going to make all their own brand products palm oil free soon, so it is possible.

Iceland have promised that their own brand products will be palm oil free by the end of the year. I sent them an email saying that I'm going to make an effort to buy their products now rather than their competitors. I should probably send a similar email to their competitors saying that I'll take my business elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back