Red Arrows have shared my shot on their Facebook page.

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all. I'm really chuffed with this!

They've posted a screen grab of the shot from my Twitter, but I've just uploaded the shot to my Flickr to share here.

I was very lucky with my positioning on the day! (y)

Cheers

9655587551_94db8f41e4_b.jpg
[/IMG]

That is a stunning image. I reckon both you and the arrows should be very pleased.

Excellent, one of a kind shot, well done (y).

But then I suppose as SecDef you just ordered them to fly into the sun ;) :D.

Stunning, I've seen them a couple of times, but never got anything this good!

All I see is a smoke trail going into a star burst. Not a plane in sight

All I see is a smoke trail going into a star burst. Not a plane in sight

Well done Realspeed, your eyes are working! :LOL:

Can't please everyone I suppose. Just for you, here's one taken momentarily later with the jets in....

Thanks to everyone else for comments, much appreciated!

9658815216_815c9b7bd1_b.jpg

Great stuff Phil, saw this on twitter yesterday tweeted by @RAFRedFour

Very different. I don't think people need to know particularly that it's the Reds (thereby avoiding any criticism for not being able to tell) but certainly the sort of image I'd look twice at if it was for sale in a gallery. As someone who shoots aircraft for a living, that's the first time I've seen a shot like that. Top stuff.

Cheers again for all the above comments! It's had over 1100 likes on their page now, made up with that.

Very different. I don't think people need to know particularly that it's the Reds (thereby avoiding any criticism for not being able to tell) but certainly the sort of image I'd look twice at if it was for sale in a gallery. As someone who shoots aircraft for a living, that's the first time I've seen a shot like that. Top stuff.

Cheers Graham, praise from a pro ;). I had to say it was the Reds really as my post wouldn't have made much sense otherwise, but I see what you're saying! Do you have a site or twitter account I could check out? Would be interested to see your work.

I was going to rent a big prime for the weekend but didn't get round to it in time so ended up using my 24-105. Worked out well as I wouldn't have got this shot otherwise. Just missed out on the close up stuff instead! Next time...

People get fixated on big primes (myself included), but often the more dynamic shots are on wider focal lengths as they're forced to think. One of the guys I work with spent a year or so on the Reds as a photographer and some of his best images are the wider shots showing the jets displaying in front of the crowds. I think your shot demonstrates this too, certainly more interesting than the standard-type "banker" shots that most go for.

Do you have a site or twitter account I could check out? Would be interested to see your work.

Sure,

Facebook - Probably the most up to date, been doing lots of car stuff lately though.

Twitter - Rarely use it, but often re-tweeted by BBMF PR Officer and Defence Images so I do have a presence on there.

Main page - Needs updating, but most of my recent favourite military stuff is on there.

People get fixated on big primes (myself included), but often the more dynamic shots are on wider focal lengths as they're forced to think. One of the guys I work with spent a year or so on the Reds as a photographer and some of his best images are the wider shots showing the jets displaying in front of the crowds. I think your shot demonstrates this too, certainly more interesting than the standard-type "banker" shots that most go for.

Sure,

Facebook - Probably the most up to date, been doing lots of car stuff lately though.

Twitter - Rarely use it, but often re-tweeted by BBMF PR Officer and Defence Images so I do have a presence on there.

Main page - Needs updating, but most of my recent favourite military stuff is on there.

Great stuff, I've just checked out your site and given your fb page a like. Looks like you get given some great access to shoot those planes!

Look forward to seeing more in the future...

That's a cracker - it looks like they're going through into another dimension or something.

PS

I'll be seing the Red Arrows today as it's the very last Leuchars Air Show.

Back