Red arrows

Edit My Images
No
Wasn't sure how to do these boys, Close up or distant wwith the smoke trails.

ra1.jpg

ra2.jpg

ra3.jpg

Waddya think?

Nice shots Gary - I like to see 'em looking nice and red - not pink- and these press all the buttons, particularly the 2nd two. What lenses did you use as a matter of interest?

All great shots but #2 should be hanging on the wall, great colour and composition.

Love the composition and the 2nd one especially. Agree about the colours though...

Did you use a teleconverter or a full-frame Canon? There seems to be quite a light fall-off in the corners... :(

I'd have to go for the last one as my favourite. Not sure why but the second one just doesn't do it for me.......whereas the last offers something a bit different, IMO at least. :D

Yep ... 2nd one takes it here too ... nicely done set Gary ... (y)

Is it me though or is the sky somewhat darker in this one than the other two ... :thinking:

I simply ran auto levels on the second one, and usually it looks crap but I kinda liked the image, contrast etc I think it works well, but then not everybody likes the same thing, im quite pleased with the results for my 1st airshow.

2nd for me too, but there's not a bad one really :)

2nd for me I think.

The problem with the Red Arrows is that unless you're treated to some adverse weather with them, or a vantage point from the back of Red 1, it can be difficult to get shots that stand out from others......
You've pulled it off though, especially with number 2. I like the contrasty look, with the overdark sky, as it really serves to accentuate the smoke trails (y)

Hang it old bean, hang it :)

#2 for me too, thats a striking shot

Back