Red bull planes against docklands sky scrapers

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Not a good afternoon for the weather this Sunday along the Thames, rained quite a bit straight into my lens, wind was well gusty and it was tricky to hold the camera even....I used active VR eventually which I think actually worked quite well. (VR - vibration reduction)

I sat in the same spot as last year, not thinking about the fact I'd be shooting the same views as lat year. So what with the weather being similar, and the view being the same ...the shots that I liked to frame are similar too ...stupid me. :LOL:

I've been sorting out my 'for web sharpening' too, think I've got is sorted let me know if I could have gone further please, those who know etc. (y)

Maindone2TP.jpg

---

MaindoneTP.jpg

C&C and anything else is welcomed here. :)

Please don't tell me the second isn't straight, blinkin things driving me mad ...Its not though is it. :(

Last edited:
Wow, these are awesome, the 1st is very, very clever.

Love them :D

Last edited:
Cool shots - both great Adam but no 2 is a stonker - processed beautifully!

(and I did mean the now no 2 :) ) Love the red against the trio of buildings :)

Last edited:
They are both great images. As John said the red against the buildings. However, for me no 1 is something special, getting that line with the plane following the line of the roof of the building (y) . I'd love to get to the redbull air race one year.

Thanks Dave, yea I'm happy with them, the first is one I've wanted to catch since going last year so thats worked a treat ... however I didn't surpass last years shots IMO.

In my gallery .. they need re-sharpening doh.

Here

and

Here

(y)

They are both great images. As John said the red against the buildings. However, for me no 1 is something special, getting that line with the plane following the line of the roof of the building . I'd love to get to the redbull air race one year.

Cheers for the comments Jgs, took a few shots to catch that just right, too close, to far, wrong line ...then near the end of the show I got it just right.

Can't decide which I prefer Adam - These are special. Number 1 has a great comp, but the colour and scaling in 2, probably edge it for me - Real quality shots.

Cheers Neil, thanks for that..:). Plane looks really close doesn't it, but its probably 200 meters in front I reckon.

(y)

I agree , Great!

Thanks Neil. :)

Last edited:
Very Nice adam,

Hard to pick a favourite.

Re: the straightness, I think cos of the perspective, they wont be completely straight to one vertical or the other.

You're not going bonkers, don;t worry!

Crazy buggers!
Nice images Adam the 1st ( as already been said) is pretty damned clever...Nice one (y)

Both superb, I like the composition of them both. The first steals the show for me though.

Mark

Really liking both of those adam.... I think number one has pipped the second by a nose.

Sorry about the muck up today will arrange again with you this time I will not do the infernal text thing I will call.

Cheers

Nigel

Very nice pics-what do you think of this crop though
MaindoneTP.jpg

I like that crop DM, closer to the action, It does crop a hundred ways that one I found, a long thin letter box frame works well too ...thanks for the edit, nicely done. (y)

Very Nice adam,

Hard to pick a favourite.

Re: the straightness, I think cos of the perspective, they wont be completely straight to one vertical or the other.

You're not going bonkers, don;t worry!

:D Cheers Spenc, Ta for that. :)

Crazy buggers!
Nice images Adam the 1st ( as already been said) is pretty damned clever...Nice one

Cheers Chris. :) ...madder than a London dispatch rider..

Both superb, I like the composition of them both. The first steals the show for me though.

Mark

Thanks Mark, nice of you to say. :)

Really liking both of those adam.... I think number one has pipped the second by a nose.

Sorry about the muck up today will arrange again with you this time I will not do the infernal text thing I will call.

Cheers

Nigel

Hi mate, no worries serves me right for not checking text messages ...hope you had a productive day anyway. (y)

Cheers bud.:)

Almost as cool as flying one of those things! (y)

Well done on the PP too. :clap:

Thanks Gary ... PP almost mastered I'm feeling. Cheers. (y)

Back