Red deer, early morning mist.

Edit My Images
No
Well it's been a great weekend! Not only nice weather, but for once, I have a weekend off that coincides with that weather AND I also have the time to get out with the camera! So, I armed myself with the 600/4 and headed off to one of my local deer parks on fri afternoon thensat morn & afternoon and then again this morning before heading off to work! So, knackered but it was so worth it!

I've had all kinds of light to play with from golden evening light to warm misty light at sunrise and then today, out and out fog with no sign of the sun until well after I left to go home :(

It's also the first time I've used the 600 properly since I got it 6 weeks ago (again, I only go out with the camera once every few weeks if that these days) so it was great to see what it could do! And I have to say I absolutely love it, so glad I got it...I just wish I had the chance to use it more often - and it is SHARP, wide open with or without a TC!

No real stag fights, just lots of roaring, even so it's been a great weeked...

RP1_0757_web-1.jpg

850mm (600 + 1.4 TC), 1/1000, f6.3, ISO 1250

Lots of early morning mist shots from saturday morning and they are all kinda similar so sorry if you get bored...

RP1_0879_web.jpg

600mm, 1/800, f5.6, ISO 200

These younger ones had a little fight.
RP1_0891_web-1.jpg

600mm, 1/640, f5.6, ISO 280

This one was walking nicely amongst the tree's, took several shots of him because I thought the bracken added a little something extra.
RP1_0904_web.jpg

600mm, 1/800, f5.6, ISO 220

RP1_0906_web.jpg

Same settings as shot above.

RP1_0977_web.jpg

850mm, 1/800, f5.6, ISO 720

Last edited:
Best examples I have seen of the species yet, by a long shot. Absolutely outstanding series.

Gary.

Great set of images 4 & 5 for me but nowt wrong with the others! (y)

Beautiful shots Richard... sounds like an exhausting weekend.
What park were you at? I'm hoping to get over to Richmond Park with my 100-400 in the next week and if I get anything close to these i'll be very happy.

Nathan

never bored of these types of shot! great set (y)

#4 is simply fantastic............(y)

What a great set of images, the misty ones are excellent, and I love what the lens has done to the background on the last shot he really does stand out.

Really nice set, really like the golden tones and silhouettes . Well caught

I never normally visit this forum but those misty shots are fantastic.

Fantastic shots - you should be well pleased with yourself (y)

superb some real winners youve captured

wish i wasnt so lazy and could get up at sunrise :thinking:

Beautiful set of shots the misty ones are really atmospheric, and the ones with out mist are beautifully detailed well done.

Sean

Oh Wow!

These are absolutely stunning. Well worth the effort of a few early mornings!

I am hoping to get to Tatton Park on Saturday morning with a few people off here .... not that i think I will be able to touch those images though!!

Cheers

Anth

Superb work! Love the light and the mist - well worth getting up for!(y):clap:

WOW... took my breath away... fantastic shots... well done.

the first one is really excellent.. outstanding lighting... perfect

#2 &#4 for me...

Great work, I'm well impressed.

I'm hoping to get a few myself this weekend but they won't be up to this standard....

Steve

Superb, awesomely inspiring.

I have been planning to go to my local park as they have a deer herd, your images really make me want to get down there!

:clap:

3, 4 and 5 - absolutely outstanding! What more can you say? Perfect job!

Man i can`t believe that I havn`t comented on these already, I really like the ones with the mist (all are good but those are fantantastic)

Back