Red Deer

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
One from a drive around the Woburn estate in Bedfordshire yesterday, if you would like to see more please click on either my flickr or 500px links below
C & C's appreciated as usual (y)

8278006453_982287d0a7_b.jpg

Bit bright for me particularly around the face

You sure that watermark is intrusive enough John??? :)

Very nice image! He looks mean and I don't fancy myself up against those antlers!!

How close were you?

:LOL: Think I'll reduce the size of the watermark a little, it is a bit intrusive in this shot...

He did look a bit mean and like you I wouldn't fancy tussling with those antlers.

I was using a 150-500 Sigma lens and would estimate around 50ft away when the shot was taken!

Thanks for taking the time to comment Phil (y)

:LOL: Think I'll reduce the size of the watermark a little, it is a bit intrusive in this shot...

He did look a bit mean and like you I wouldn't fancy tussling with those antlers.

I was using a 150-500 Sigma lens and would estimate around 50ft away when the shot was taken!

Thanks for taking the time to comment Phil (y)

Sigma 150-500mm!?!?

Interested to know exigent details here, the shot is very detailed...

Bit bright for me particularly around the face

I agree Stephen and Simon, from memory as I was taking this and a few other shots the sun put in an appearance and he was facing the sun. I've had a play with my limited processing knowledge & tried to reduce the brightness in the face and also thought I would take the opportunity to reduce the watermark, let me know what you think please.

8278006453_4230224d9c_b.jpg

Thanks again for taking the time to comment (y)

Sigma 150-500mm!?!?

Interested to know exigent details here, the shot is very detailed...

To be honest Phil I'm not sure how to get the info for you? If you can guide me I wouldn't mind finding out how to do this for all future images I share!

I can only tell you the information I can see which is probably a short version as follows;

1/640 sec - f6.3 - ISO: 1000 - 180mm (150.0 - 500.0mm) f/5.0-6.3

Hope this helps :)

Nice composition and eye contact. And antlers of course!

Here comes the critique bit....

Not sure if it's the JPG compression at fault here, but that bokeh is migraine-inducing. Remember something similar from my stabilised Nikons, wonder if it's something to do with the stabilising? Not much the photographer can do about it anyway.

The edit looks much better and with a more natural looking colour - the original seemed to have a slight pink caste to it. Have you cropped it at all as the deer is a bit tight and central in the frame and needs more room on the left for the animal to look into

Stan

The edit looks much better and with a more natural looking colour - the original seemed to have a slight pink caste to it. Have you cropped it at all as the deer is a bit tight and central in the frame and needs more room on the left for the animal to look into

Stan

Thanks Stan and yes I have cropped the image removing half a tree from the left hand side. I do normally leave more space for the subject to move into but thought I could get away with the slightly tighter crop on this occasion..

Nice composition and eye contact. And antlers of course!

Here comes the critique bit....

Not sure if it's the JPG compression at fault here, but that bokeh is migraine-inducing. Remember something similar from my stabilised Nikons, wonder if it's something to do with the stabilising? Not much the photographer can do about it anyway.

Thanks for your critique Martsharm but if I'm 100% honest not sure what you mean by bokeh? Think I'll Google it and see if I can decipher (y)

Back