red fox drinking

I see what others are saying about it looking a little false, although I'd say more staged. I think it's because it looks at first glance like it was lit with a flash or two and the general surrounding and fox have a slight artificial feel to them in that they look groomed. My first thought was indeed that is was setup.

If it were mine I'd maybe process 'down' rather than 'up' if that makes sense lol. But it is a striking image and you are one very lucky chappy to have been in the right place at the right time, but then good for you, it's ncie when all the hours or sitting and getting nothing pay off! :)

I keep coming back to this picture for some reason. I have been following foxes and their behaviour for the last two years and it is very strange for a fox to approach water with very little protection around. Also I wouldn't expect a fox to approach the water and then see yourself i.e. the eye contact. This fox would have seen you well before you ever knew he was around. If this is one of those one off shots then you have captured a magic moment that you will prob never see again and you should be very proud. It just seems to just too perfect to me but I don't want to take anything away from yourself as I don't know the full details.

Back