Red fox

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
One more of my red fox shots from the other day.
Am unsure as to which crop I prefer so any c&c is welcomed & appreciated as usual.

1. Full image:

Foxy_02.jpg

2. Cropped to focus on the detail:

Foxy_detail.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

I like both TBH. Fanatstic 'feel' to them, I really like this processing technique that you have developed. It almost looks like you've painted them. :clap:

Yep! 2 for me also. Superb markings round the snout.

Blinding shots buddy(y)(y)

2nd one again. both great shot

Number 2 for me also.

What processing have you applied here? The colour is just wonderful.

I love the first. Those are some of the finest pictures I feel I have ever seen. How did you get the colour to be so dramatic yet subtle? Awsome skill.

I think both are superb! Wish I could shoot/process like that....sigh :LOL:

#2 is much more powerful

#2 for me but both great shots (y)

Really like those, especially #1 for me (y)

...I'm another voice that would like to know what processing you've used here to enhance what are clearly great photos

^^ me too.. they are really something.. i love the DOF.. they really POP..

Love these Mike! (y)
I do love this processing on the pics, it really suits him.
The eyes look great here too.
Speaking from experience, I found his eyes can look somewhet glazed and make your focus look off ... or perhaps mine actually was :LOL:

#2 for me, and bravo on the processing skills.

Mike

Another great pair. I'm going to go against the flow and prefer #1. It might seem bizarre phrasing but the inclusion of the trees, the framing of the fox and the space makes the picture more "intimate" to me. It shows the fox as what it is - a rather small animal in a big world. I also think the centre framing helps with this.

Although I love your processing style on people/street shots, I'm less convinced it works on animals and would love to see a more "normal" looking presentation.

Cheers

Paul

as stated mike these are very good .." you must have been in program mode:LOL: only kiddin as im sure you know"

i really like the low angle you have shot at and makes the shots work.

i really like the proccessing but :naughty:. im sure im not alone in this .." see above thread" i would love to see a few of these shots processed in a more natural way if you understand what i mean...:shrug:

really nice shots well done young man(y)

md(y)

Mike

Another great pair. I'm going to go against the flow and prefer #1. It might seem bizarre phrasing but the inclusion of the trees, the framing of the fox and the space makes the picture more "intimate" to me. It shows the fox as what it is - a rather small animal in a big world. I also think the centre framing helps with this.

Although I love your processing style on people/street shots, I'm less convinced it works on animals and would love to see a more "normal" looking presentation.

Cheers

Paul

I agree totally. Number 1 all the way for me. I think it's interesting to include a subject's environment in a shot like this. It works because your eye never gets lost in the image, you are always drawn back to the fox's eyes.

Very well done!

Cheers for the honest feedback mate (y)

I've decided that I'm going to stick with this processing style for all of my shots for a while as I'd like to achieve a more unified looking portfolio - at the moment it's a bit all over the place :bonk:

Good call mate as i feel your processing skills make your work unique and they certainly work for me :clap:

I don't know how I missed these earlier, Mike. I do like the processing (y)

No 1 hit me and then no 2 knocked me for six!

Fantastic shot! Texture and colour are superb!

I like them both, both could stand on their own, particularly like the 'feel' of the first with the fox in it's environment.

Second is a cracking crop, and fox sits comfortably in the frame.

Can't really get a fag paper between the two, and I don't think you need to, both worth hanging in a prominent place.

well wot can say that has'nt been said. either of the images are the most stricking and kind off spooky fox pic ive seen. luve the b/g and f/g 3d look makes the differance . i can see this on the front cover .

many thanks
jason

Nice shots and they do look like a painting. Bet they look even better printed.

I like both of them and I agree with Jason, they both would look good in any nature publication.

Both shots are stunning Mike :clap: the eyes are captivating almost to the point of hypnotic

Back