Red Kite, High Wycombe 7D + 100-400

Name
Gareth Spiller
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the first time I've tried the 7D with my 100-400 shooting Red Kites. I found the point expansion and slow tracking Al-Servo modes worked well. All I need to do now is balance out my shutter speeds and iso but I'm looking forward to some more BIF shots.

1/1000, f5.6 iso500
5401396937_43fc8c7e64_z.jpg

1/1000, f5.6 iso320
5401998422_6f70627181_z.jpg

very nice indeed.

nice capture.

Your not far from winersh, where there are loads of these round that area going towards you.

Couple of good captures, perhaps try and lift the shadows in #2 to bring out a bit more detail.

Yes, it has come out a little dark, I think that may be more to do with my monitor being to bright at home. I will investigate, perhaps a bit of fill light is in order.

Gareth,
Good shots for first time out with the 7D and 100-400

Whereabouts did you take these?? Up Stokenchurch way??

David

Gareth,
Good shots for first time out with the 7D and 100-400

Whereabouts did you take these?? Up Stokenchurch way??

David

These were in Holmer Green between Wycombe and Amersham, there are loads around the Hazlemere area to, and I see at least a dozen on my way to work in Slough every morning in the fields. My record is 20 circling the house after I put some chicken out.

Thanks Gareth,
I am in Holmer Green and Hazlemere every morning (School run) and have seen the kites there.
Apparently Chris's Cafe between West Wycombe and Stokenchurch at around lunch time every day, except Sunday, there are lots of Kites as they feed them in the car park, except the days I have been there... :crying:
I am in Naphill and we get a number overhead each afternoon as the guy down the road feeds them about 16:00 every day when it is light.

David

Back