Red Kite Stages 2010 - Ryan Suter - JMSPHOTOGRAPHIC

Name
Ryan S
Edit My Images
No
Spent my sunday in a very sunny Brechfa, brilliant day all in all, good company and generally a good craic!

Some shots from me ... Feedback would be appreciated!

#1 - Event winner, Jason Pritchard on the limit!
4537819174_c13abab128_o.jpg

#2 - 2nd placed Melvyn Evans giving a clients new car a run
4537819346_1624476c98_o.jpg

#3 - Event winner on the limit again!
4537190247_46abe6b929_o.jpg

#4 - Historic winner, Terry Brown taking a big cut, nearly taking me out in the process!
4537819960_76bc4531fb_o.jpg

#5 - 2nd placed Historic, Mark Solloway having a nice drift
4537820206_ae6665c4e8_o.jpg

#6 - Local mad man, Micah Morris on the edge!
4537820372_9584292ca6_o.jpg

Cheers,

Really like 1, but like 5 more... I think the car ever so slightly bigger in the frame and further round the corner works for this kind of shot. It was a bloody dusty event and you've used the durst to make the shot.

#4 is probably the weakest shot in the selection - there just doesn't seem much going on. #3, which I'm guessing is the same location, has a lot more with the dust trail, sideways action and car well isolated against the colour of the tree's.

#2 is a nice scenic shot - really gives an idea to the location. Maybe colours look ever so slightly muted?

#6 is a well timed, good shutter, shot of a care right on the edge (literally!) Plenty of movement and great dust again.

A good selection of images with my favourite being 5 and 1 - plenty of thought in to composition!

DB

Cheers for the feedback Dave, agree with everything you've said :)

on #2, i processed it to get a less vibrant feel to the photo, as i was shooting into the sun and the colours were quite flat to begin with :)

Cheers,

I can only see pics 1+5 :( however, how fantastic are they!! prefer 5 as the car is bigger in ****, but its a great ange and a great dust trail! well done!

A cracking set,Ryan utilising the dust,sky and space.
Very well thought out angles and heights,enjoyed these a lot.
By the way the processing and exposures are spot on (y)

Pons

Thanks for the comments and feedback all, much appreciated :)

A cracking set,Ryan utilising the dust,sky and space.
Very well thought out angles and heights,enjoyed these a lot.
By the way the processing and exposures are spot on (y)

Pons

Jeeez, you feeling okay Pons? ;) :LOL: Cheers Mate :)

Ryan,
Another set of crackers, great feelings of the environment and wide angled views.
#5 - Is that the hairpin that Markko Martin and Beef(RIP) sailed round fully sideways on the ROWales years ago in the BP Focus ?, looks like it, but I suppose theres a million corners like that on those stages.......

Tom

Just seen the #1 Pritchard shot in today's Motorsport News, kudos to you sir......
Tom

Thanks for all the comments and feedback, much appreciated :)

chissy500 - not sure if #5 is that hairpin, looking back it does look similaur, but as you say, there's so many like that it's neigh on impossible to tell.

Cheers,

Ryan,
Another set of crackers, great feelings of the environment and wide angled views.
#5 - Is that the hairpin that Markko Martin and Beef(RIP) sailed round fully sideways on the ROWales years ago in the BP Focus ?, looks like it, but I suppose theres a million corners like that on those stages.......

Tom

It certainly looks like it with the banking up to the left

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aXnMt0yUFI

Looking at that video again, it's not ... the approach etc looks exactly the same, but where he's videoing from it's just a ditch on the hairpin i shot, and also the bank is higher and more severe on the bend i shot.

Shame that the first thing i said when i got there that it looked the same! so many similar corners it gets confusing
EDIT i think it is the bend Sorry to argue ryan just the tress and road are identical ! i may be mistaken and i know you know the forests alot better than me just looks ALOT like it

Last edited:
I agree with James, the approach and exit of the bend on the video look far too similar to the photos for it not to be that bend!

As for the shots, top stuff as always, the Solloway one is even better than the Pritchard shot! Processing is perhaps slightly overdone for my tastes, but spot on otherwise! :clap:

No 1 and 5 for me Ryan they show whats going on more than the tighter crops which are mostly show by most people due to a good position
Think Solloways MK1 just edges no1 :clap:

Gary

Back