RED KITE

Could be Flickr's resizing that's added it.

You could wait for years trying to capture a shot like this in the wild, so, well done, Jeff.

think your on to something there ,could visibly see the shot altering slightly when I just downloaded the other two shots

You could wait for years trying to capture a shot like this in the wild, so, well done, Jeff.
Errrr it is in the wild . They just come in to feed once a day

Hmmm, just looked at the Exif data, Sharpness - Hard?
Not going to argue with you ,that must be how Olympus/ OMS set up there menu systems ,all I have done since purchasing the camera is set date ,time and normal shooting criteria ..it’s a raw file anyway so I don’t see how it can be altered but I just take the pictures in future for your benefit I’ll look for OOF first :headbang:

Errr nones been applied that’s virtually as shot ?
Definitely oversharpened... whether it was due to default raw import settings or in camera jpeg settings IDK. In this case it is most obvious as a distinct black outline along light edges (e.g. top of the head). But I think the separate BG blur/denoise may have amplified it (or the impression of it), especially if some AI denoise was used (which typically also changes sharpening).

it definitely does that - when I was posting anything that I was going to drop on here, I'd always upload a pre-sized for Forum use version to flickr so I could use the "original" rather than any of the flickr downsizes - the sharpening was really over aggressive, and incredibly noticeable especially on film shots - turning normal grain into something the size of hailstones...

Reactions: Nod
Back