Red Kites

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Visited Nant-yr-Arian in Wales yesterday to try a get a few pics of the Red Kites. I went with one particular photo in mind and that was to try a get a Red Kite feeding from the water.

By feeding time at 3pm there was no light whatsoever and the clouds were as low as the tree tops. So bad light, slow shutter speed, hand held at 400mm and white clouds made it very hard.

1) This was the best I managed of the water shot

Red Kite by Stuart G Wright Photography, on Flickr

2) Pair fighting in the white clouds :(

Red Kite by Stuart G Wright Photography, on Flickr

3) A fly by

Red kite by Stuart G Wright Photography, on Flickr

I will be visiting again soon to try and get some better shots.
If anyone is playing to visit then it can be very busy at the moment with Kids but if you wait they all go after the first feeding frenzy. Stay around and about 15 mins later they started the 2nd and then the 3rd feeding. At the end there was only myself left.

A very good set (y) as a matter of interest did you shoot from the opposite side of the lake to the Hide. Number 1 for me also did you have a look at the small birds on the feeders by the cafe you get the odd interesting subject there
Regards
Richard
P.s give me a shout if you are going down i have'nt been there for a while :D

A very good set (y) as a matter of interest did you shoot from the opposite side of the lake to the Hide. Number 1 for me also did you have a look at the small birds on the feeders by the cafe you get the odd interesting subject there
Regards
Richard
P.s give me a shout if you are going down i have'nt been there for a while :D

Yes Rich shots were taken from the opposite side of the lake to the hide. Had a look at the feeders and there were loads of finches with a a few siskin and tits mixed in.
I will let you know when I next plan to visit.

Good set Stuart you did well to get these as good as you have considering the weather. Keep your eye on Rich :naughty: lately he seems to be wanting to team up with anyone who has pictures of things he aint got :LOL::LOL: First the Goldcrest and now a Kite :D;) :cautious:

Good set Stuart you did well to get these as good as you have considering the weather. Keep your eye on Rich :naughty: lately he seems to be wanting to team up with anyone who has pictures of things he aint got :LOL::LOL: First the Goldcrest and now a Kite :D;) :cautious:

lmao Rich, thank you for the comments, I will keep a close eye on him :)

Been there myself great place for kites and you've got some great shots there

Lovely I've been meaning to go for ages

I'd be well up for it if we fancied a tp meet up? October time before I am free though

Back