Red letter day for me.

Messages
728
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday was a very busy day for me and my camera interests.
I had an arranged meeting in Perthshire to pick up some unwanted dark room items and an enlarger which is an LPL 6700.
So I have teach myself how it works etc, still need a few bits and bobs but I will get that done as time goes by.
Being eager to get on the road I arrived early to the meeting venue and had time to have a look around,
Well I found a junk shop, full of every thing, I have not been in a proper junk shop for years, the place was fantastic.
Right away I spotted some old cameras, could I resist, no I could not.
I came away with a couple, and almost two more but I had to stop my self.
My new to me cameras are Zeiss Ikon Colora and an Ilford Sportsman.
Not really expensive, my total spend was £20.
The Ilford, appears to work fine and has a roll of film in it which has only taken a couple of frames. its very clean and in its leather case.
Zeiss, again very clean and in its case, the view finder is amazing, and it also had a film partially used in it, I wound it on one frame and it fired but then I could no longer wind it on to the next, as I think the shutter is stuck.
So a couple of additions to my ever growing collection, and I am not a collector.
Then I met with the gentleman who had the enlarger etc.
We had a nice time chatting and then we went on our separate ways
Yes a red letter day.
Ps, also in the junk shop was a Kodak and Voightlander folder camera, quite large and with bellows and the small eye piece viewfinder on the edge of the bellows, they looked clean, but no idea if the worked or not, food for thought.
 
Well done and congrats on a very enjoyable and fruitful day out. Lots of pleasure to be had with that lot.
 
Back
Top