Critique Red Soldier Beetle

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Another of the newly found bugs... This one seemed to take an interest in me and my camera and decided to show off.. @simon ess Style

Red Soldier Beetle-1485-02
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Red Soldier Beetle-1488-03
by bthomas124, on Flickr

3. More of a Arty soft focus type, looks like it was climbing out of the green

Red Soldier Beetle-1483-01
by bthomas124, on Flickr

4. Having a wrestle

Red Soldier Beetle-1498-06
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Red Soldier Beetle-1493-04
by bthomas124, on Flickr

6. The Queue to have a look

Red Soldier Beetle-1497-05
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

Last edited:
very common beetle, well caught Bryn Nice set overall - No 1 being my personal favourite although it's a tad over exposed :confused:

Les :banana:

Yours

Mine

Last edited by a moderator:
very common beetle, well caught Bryn Nice set overall - No 1 being my personal favourite although it's a tad over exposed :confused:

Les :banana:

Yours

Mine

As Andy says from little Britain "I don't like it" lol

I like both to be honest. Your bug and my background.

haha, the first is a great shot Bryn. Soldier beetles are fun subjects as they tend to meander about whatever plant / shrub they're on. Plus if you're lucky enough, you can capture them in their pre-flight vibration. Lasts for about a second before they take off but if you watch them and their behaviour, you can get your self ready for it and photograph them with wings extended and ready to fly. I've managed that once with a ladybird.

haha, the first is a great shot Bryn. Soldier beetles are fun subjects as they tend to meander about whatever plant / shrub they're on. Plus if you're lucky enough, you can capture them in their pre-flight vibration. Lasts for about a second before they take off but if you watch them and their behaviour, you can get your self ready for it and photograph them with wings extended and ready to fly. I've managed that once with a ladybird.

Thanks for the tip will look into that... :D

Back