Red Squirrels!

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, fresh back from my holiday in the lake district, please find the results of my early morning walks into the forest - it was a bit dark so had to boost the ISO up a fair bit :(. First four were taken handheld (using a fence post for steadyness!) and the last two were using a tripod (which I took on the next day!)

Anyway here we go (c&c welcome) :)
edit/ taken using a Canon 350d + Sigma 70-300 APO DG and speedlite 430ex

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

red3.jpg

red4.jpg

red5.jpg

red6.jpg

I prefer the last two down at ground level, but it looks as though there may have been a bit too much flash going on? ;)

Ah yes, see what you meen. I've re-processed the last two - I had to overblow them a bit to get the colour profile right for printing and never set it back!

Try these:
5b:
red5b.jpg

6b:
red6b.jpg

lovely set! really striking those red ones. love no 3 really cheeky :D

Thanks! :)

I've got a few more similar to number 3, going to the box and gettting out of it! I think I took over 100 in the two mornings I went down but as it was so dark a lot are really soft and blurred :(

Oh well, I had fun watching them, at one point one ran down a fence right at me before jumping into a tree!

Fun is the main thing! if you are enjoying it you are doing something right! :D I spent a morning with baby grey squirrells, took over 300 pics! :LOL:

They were taken at Center Parcs Whinfell forest. It's a Red Squirrel conservation area, so if you head off early enough there's a fair few mooching about :)

5b is great, I had it blown up to A3 and it looks good on my wall, could probably have made it a fair bit bigger too, but the cost of frames goes up a fair bit after A3!

They were taken at Center Parcs Whinfell forest. It's a Red Squirrel conservation area, so if you head off early enough there's a fair few mooching about :)

I could be pedantic and say that Whinfell isn't in the Lake District, as its on the back of the Pennines in the Eden valley ;) (no matter what the marketing blurb says:D) but I won't coz its great to have folks visiting up here.:)

The pics are really good - and if in the area again if you go a bit further up to Dufton you'll find there are loads of the Reds - The Eden valley betwix Penrith and Dufton is probably one of the easiest places to see the Reds without the Greys.

My kids school are going camping for a week in that are and are allowed in the Butterfly pool one day - so are all excited.

Back