Red

Name
Emma
Edit My Images
Yes
Due to the colour of her hair!

Cath1copy.jpg

That's very compelling. I'm not sure I like it in the lighter sense of the term but I certainly find it very effective at keeping my attention.

She posed for nudes for me, her face has never really been photographed exclusively, I admit it was difficult, she isnt obviously beautiful, which confusingly made her quite beautiful!

i think i would like it better if the crop hadnt taken top of her head off. jmo.:)

Look like a painting, great control with the light! I like lots! Can you enlighten with what PP has been done?

I think its a stunning image and it appears to have ghost like (or oil painting) quality about it.

wow, the eyes!! They suck you in as if they want to tell you a story. I feel real emotion coming from them

Great effort

I dont mind the top of her head being missing, I crop heads all the time.
However, I find the actual image feels a bit overly wide (to me).

That said, I love the the processing style, has an old-fashioned hand tinted look on my monitor.

She looks very compelling, hauntingly so.
Reminds me of a medieval-style, 'lady of the lake' picture I have somewhere.
The more I look, the more I really like this! (y)

Love the pp treatment for this shot and the lighting is fab too. :)

The eyes have it ! Well done.
I really think it would have been better to leave the head uncropped.
Why don't you post the full photo so we can have a look.

yes, I like this, the eyes are quite magnetic, slightly arrogant and definitely challenging.

I'm comfortable with the cropped head, but like Inaglo, perhaps a tad wide?

That is a very haunting image you have captured exceptionally well Emma ... (y) ... excellent style and only slightly spoiled for me by the unnecessary width of the pic ... :shrug:

BTB ... are those Green eyes too ... :D

:p

(y) I like it very much, although it does seem a little wide. Don't forget, 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'

;) ;)

Not many shots make me come back and comment again.

I've worked out more of the appeal, for me at least. The process has given the shot the look of a corpse, underwater but the eyes have so much life, energy and defiance in them.

Also, the crop of the head and the very wide proportions all add to the feeling of discomfort. I think the wide view is inspired and just works so well here.

A great shot, the more I look the more captivated I become.

Thanks all. These style portraits are very experimental , far away from my 'norm' . The process was a very long boring one, of colour balances and channel mixer using all channels red blue green etc, then using fade and overlay and repeating the process many times, if anyone is interested I will write the process down next time I do it. Here is another take, less intense, but with a weird kind of colour cast and oh by the way, yes, I chopped some of her head off, I cant help it! Does anyone here use texture? if so when, and if not why.

DSC_0088-4.jpg

And that one has a totally different feel Emma ... :shrug: ... no less intense and surreal ... just ... different ... (y) ... liking it very much ... ;)

:p

The more you stare at her the more 3D her face seems to become (if that makes sense!) I like it, its definately got a dark feeling attached to it.(y)

Back