Redged vs Manfrotto

Name
lenny
Edit My Images
Yes
I am in the process of buying a new tripod to use with my Nikon d40 and
70-300mm lens. I am undecided about buying the redged rtt-423k or the manfrotto befree. They both have similar specs, unless I am missing something, but there is a difference of about £100 in price. I am fully aware of the saying 'you get what you pay for' but would like to know if anybody out there uses either of these tripods. I use the tripod for all my shots and wanted something reasonably compact and not too heavy. I am not a great lover of tripods with the twist locks. Thanks for your time.

Couple of points

check out the load rating it can take, and more important how steady it is in the fully extended position. I do check out the weight of the camera-lens-batteries and allow for a few lbs extra when considering tripods and heads

Forgot to say welcome to TP

Realspeed

Last edited:
The manfrotto max weight is 4kg and the redged is 4.5kg, more than enough for my gear. The trouble with the redged tripods they appear to only be available from Holland or via Amazon, therefore I would be unable to determine what the stability would be like. I appreciate what your saying and thanks for the advice and the welcome, Cheers

Assuming you've still not yet made the purchase, go for the last remaining RTT-330 – the added increase in leg diameters will aid stability and reduce flexing, especially when fully extended.
If you need the extra height, opt for the RTA-432, which is more of everything again, although you will have to accept the twist-lock as a compromise.

Last edited:
I saw the Redged gear at focus a couple of years ago and it looked spot on. Trouble is I haven't been able to find a UK stockist since to buy one from?

Assuming you've still not yet made the purchase, go the last remaining RTT-330 – the added increase in leg diameters will aid stability and reduce flexing, especially when fully extended.
If you need the extra height, opt for the RTA-432, which is more of everything again, although you will have to accept the twist-lock as a compromise.
Thanks Phil for the advice. Have a good weekend.

They have the RTT423 at RK Photographic as well as some others. I haven't bought a tripod from RK, but did buy a pack of A3+ Canson paper that was delivered quickly and was well packed.

Back