Redpoll

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,met John yesterday (JC55)i got 3 first,s yesterday which i will post over the next few days,just after poor john left the redpoll decided to show up for about 5 sec,s,and these two were all i managed as it was gone in flash,minimal editing as usual but on the first one i had to sharpen more than usual,

IMG_5561-2.jpg

IMG_5560.jpg

thanks for looking,
John.

Lovely image's John of a very nice bird :clap:

These look very good to me John, good detail and colour. Am I right that you have cropped these a bit? using the 100-400 I feel you might not have got this filling the frame.
You often say you are concerned about noise on the 7D. While you have only used 400 ISO on these, and they might be cropped, there isnt any significant sign of noise here that I can detect, and if you have only done minimal PP you probably wont have applied any NR.
Number 1 is my fav, a nice pose and pleasant suroundings (y)

Two good captures John, that will teach hime to leave early :D My only thought and I hope you do not mind me saying, is that #1 does look a bit odd to me. I know you mention you have applied extra sharpening. It almost looks like the head might have been a bit on the soft side and you have applied the extra sharpening to that area :shrug: It might be that you done some other work around the head as the edges look a bit jaggy to me.

These look very good to me John, good detail and colour. Am I right that you have cropped these a bit? using the 100-400 I feel you might not have got this filling the frame.
You often say you are concerned about noise on the 7D. While you have only used 400 ISO on these, and they might be cropped, there isnt any significant sign of noise here that I can detect, and if you have only done minimal PP you probably wont have applied any NR.
Number 1 is my fav, a nice pose and pleasant suroundings (y)

Hi Trev,yes your right they are biggish crops so i lost some sharpness on the first around the head,i had to sharpen more than usual but i dont know how to do selective sharpening in one place :shrug:,so i probably did more damage,
regards,
john.

Two good captures John, that will teach hime to leave early :D My only thought and I hope you do not mind me saying, is that #1 does look a bit odd to me. I know you mention you have applied extra sharpening. It almost looks like the head might have been a bit on the soft side and you have applied the extra sharpening to that area :shrug: It might be that you done some other work around the head as the edges look a bit jaggy to me.

Hi Rich,i love your honesty mate,i new you would suss me out :LOL: (y),

the more i tried to work on the area around the head in the first one i think i made it worse,as i said editing isn,t my strong point feel free if you want to have a play around with it (y),

regards,
john.

The pose is nicer in #1

Nice capture. You lucky your little males are still showing a decent amount of red on their chest, the ones here at the moment have very little.

Two nice shots John

lovely shots, just to much noise reuction has lost lots of detail.
what noise software are you using john.

A lovely looking bird well caught. nice one John.

Thanks all,Scott I use lightroom 3,but I have just got myself elements 9,but to be honest I hate spending ages on computers but I realise I need to get better at it ,
regards John.

Back