Reds, Greenock 20/9/07

Edit My Images
Yes
It's something of a special day on the Clyde today, the QE2 is back on the river of her birth 40 years to the day from her launch at John Brown's of Clydebank. As part of the celebrations the Red Arrows displayed off the Greenock Esplanade at lunchtime. I think this is the first time in a while that I've been well to one side of show centre and it makes a fair difference to the shots you can get.

108_4964.jpg

108_5183.jpg

108_5221.jpg

And there's a prize for the first person who can spot what's wrong with #1.

Nice shots, as for #1 there are usually nine planes I believe.

great shots :)

as for #1, The plane on the bottom of the bottom row shouldn't have smoke, it should be the bottom plane on the top row, does that make sense :thinking:

EDIT - Just thinking, what I thought is wrong as the smoke trails wouldn't work if it was as I said, doh!

:)

yes 2 things wrong :)

Nothing wrong with the pictures though!

great shots :)

as for #1, The plane on the bottom of the bottom row shouldn't have smoke, it should be the bottom plane on the top row, does that make sense :thinking:

EDIT - Just thinking, what I thought is wrong as the smoke trails wouldn't work if it was as I said, doh!
You're on the right lines. The smoke should be provided by the rear line which should consist of 4 aircraft rather than the three. To keep the formation symetrical from a distance the fourth smoke trail is provided by the rightmost aircraft of the front rank.

It's quite bizarre to see the full display done as an 8 ship rather than 9 although the synchro pair loses a bit of it's impact when there's only one of them.

or the front row should have 6 in with 2 behind

Back