Edit My Images
No
Maker/Provider: Redsnapper

Product:
Snapper Duo

Price: £40

Overall Rating: 8/10

Overall Summary:
High Quality Bag. Brilliant value. Bigger than expected!!
-----------------------------------------------
Detailed Review

In Use
Haven't been out with it yet, because it is a present ;), but just from a bit of basic exploring checking everything is ok, it seems like it should be joy to use. It's nice and light. Got plenty of space. Perhaps a bit too much space actually, but it's very well padded (not quite crumpler, more like lowepro for protection). I like the 'floppy' appearance too. My only niggle is the actual depth of the bag and the lenght of the strap.

Build Quality

Top Notch, feels like something I'd happily take anywhere. Looks like something rough n' rugged too.

Strengths

Capacity
Ruggedness
Value

Weaknesses

Fiddly laptop compartment
Bigger than expected from website shots

Images of the bag...

With a 1D MKII in the bag
redsnapperduo1of10.jpg

Empty bag showing camera section
redsnapperduo2of10.jpg

Space for four lenses, flash and camera
redsnapperduo3of10.jpg

Two covers (one zipped bit the other being the main flap
redsnapperduo4of10.jpg

Looks pretty funky
redsnapperduo5of10.jpg

Sturdy Buckles
redsnapperduo6of10.jpg

Front pockets (x3)
redsnapperduo7of10.jpg

Space for the laptop pouch (showing the tricky velcro- everytime you take it out it gets caught on the velcro!!)
redsnapperduo8of10.jpg

Weather cover.
As with any other high quality bag the dividers are modular.
redsnapperduo9of10.jpg

Finally...
redsnapperduo5of10.jpg

Last edited:
Do you know the dimensions of the laptop pouch and if it's flexible enough to stick a 17" laptop in there? I've got a Fastpack 350 that says it'll only take a 15" laptop but 17" fits in snuggly :)

got mine today and it's a fantastic bag.
good review aswell, it helps to see a camera in the bag for size ideas.
mine takes my kit nicely, i managed to get 5 lenses 4 with reversed hoods and a gripped 40d in there

Last edited:
good review but the laptop pouch and weather cover are the same image!

Do you know the dimensions of the laptop pouch and if it's flexible enough to stick a 17" laptop in there? I've got a Fastpack 350 that says it'll only take a 15" laptop but 17" fits in snuggly :)

Sorry, I can't help you there becauseI only have a 15" Laptop to hand, but I reckon if you remove the actual pouch and just slide it in you could get a 17" laptop in there. :thinking:

got mine today and it's a fantastic bag.
good review aswell, it helps to see a camera in the bag for size ideas.
mine takes my kit nicely, i managed to get 5 lenses 4 with reversed hoods and a gripped 40d in there

Yeah, nice bag. Shame I had to give it away as a present!!!

Might buy the backpack- has anyone used that or got shots of the camera in the bag? Also does anyone know if the backpack has a way of mounting a tripod on? Looks like better value vs. the National Geographic Alternative!!

good review but the laptop pouch and weather cover are the same image!

Changed ;)

Sorry, I can't help you there becauseI only have a 15" Laptop to hand, but I reckon if you remove the actual pouch and just slide it in you could get a 17" laptop in there. :thinking:

Ah, okay. Any idea of the rough dimensions so I can compare against my current bag? :)

Last edited:
Laptop protective sleeve is about -32 cm inside
Slot without pouch is about 37 cm

Not perfect measurements but I think thats about right.

Looks like it's about right for a 17in laptop. Possibly have to take the actual protective pouch sleeve thing for the laptop out for it to fit.

Hmm, interesting. My laptop dimensions are 40.4 cm x 29.8 cm x 4.3 cm so even with a squeeze I'm not sure that would fit :(

Superb review Josh. Excellent detail and pictures.

Added to the TP directory.

I got mine few days ago and I'm really happy with it. I love the material and it would like even nicer as it ages.

Will be trying to fit a 17" Vaio in there tomorrow, I don't normally carry the lappy with me but nice to know it would fit if needed...

Not seen many laptops much bigger so good test :D

It's arrived :D :D :D

Well it arrived at the office first thing this morning but unfortunately I have no had a second to open it :( I only ordered the bag yesterday afternoon so very impressed at the turn around time :D

It's bigger than expected (even after reading other comments but a comfortable size to carry around as I like to keep everything on me (read don't have the experience to pre-guess what bits and bobs I'll need.

First impressions are it's fantastic, I had the centron cheap jobby I bought when I picked up the camera which wasn't that great, the Duo offers a lot more protection and looks superb, as said earlier in this thread it should look stunning when it's aged a little :D

Now I can't wait to get home and transfer everything accross and see what it's like loaded, pretty sure the 17" Vaio won't fit but will give ti a try later and see :D

17" Vaio definately doesn't fit, luckily I can't take pictures with my Vaio (ok technically I could but why would I want to)...

A big thumbs up to the guys at RedSnapper (y)

Last edited:
Well, I spoke to Joe ordered the bag, it was there the next day. Fantastic service, top notch.

The bag, excellently made, and really really comfortable fully loaded, and light, I dont know why, but it just feels lighter than my Think Tank UD60 with the same gear in. The double zipper under the flap is super, pull both zips open at the same time, great.

It holds loads of stuff, Canon 5D MKII, 24-70 f2.8 L, 70-200 f2.8 L, 16-35 f2.8 L, and Sigma 50 1.4, and plenty of room for bits and bobs. I dont carry my laptop around, so no problems there.

All in all, a great bag, with classy looks at an amazing price.

Well done Joe, top job.

Phil

Hi Guys,

I have a gripped 450d and usually have the 55-250 attached. Any thoughts on whether i could get this into the centre section upright please?

Thanks

Tracey

Yeah it fits a 1D with 70-200mm f/2.8 attached in in the centre section!!! Body faces downwards lens fits inbetween the two by two lens/flash sections.

The other body in the images is a 450D gripped.

Excellent, many thanks for the prompt feedback Josh.

Best wishes,

Tracey

Hey Josh, any chance of a quick snap of the bag with a DVD case next to it so I can Get an idea of the size?
Not familiar with the canon camera sizes and a DVD case would help me judge the scale much easier.

Hey Josh, any chance of a quick snap of the bag with a DVD case next to it so I can Get an idea of the size?
Not familiar with the canon camera sizes and a DVD case would help me judge the scale much easier.

Just read this - I'll do this tommorow for you, however a 450D is about the same size as your D40 and a 1D is about the same as a D3. (1D perhaps a bit taller if your measure it out)

Thanks Josh. Don't worry about the pic. ill probably be ordering one tomorrow lunchtime.

excuse me for a nub question but is this the same bag as the national geographic bag?

but cheaper?

^
Not quite - it's the same idea but a bit more spacious and without the brand association.

cool nice one well after buying a new lens the other day my lowepro nova 160 aw just aint got the room and seeing as this bigger and looks good as well i guess ill have to buy one :)
@JEmerson since you have now had it a bit longer found now any other major issues with it yet?

Hmm, well the bag isn't my bag. It was bought as a present.

But, I'm considering going for the RedSnapper all terrain so that gives you an idea of how impressed I was by the bag.

The bag is nice and spacious. Easily fits my 1D and 70-200 2.8 along with a flash two primes and another zoom. You can also pop the laptop in there too. It feels nice and tough.

Personally I'm not a big fan of shoulder bags, just because I find the weight of my stuff feels better in a hard case or in a backpack.

So my only complaints are the fact its a shoulder bag and perhaps that it's not too easy to attach a tripod.

Highly Recommended.

Oh my god how big lol

swallows up my d60 and 3 lenses and flash unit a piece of cake.

Ideal for what i need thou. Im off to spain in a few weeks so this will be ideal to fit my clothes in there as well.

love it feels so strong and rugged.

Thanks so much for the review one of the best purchases ive made in a while

Oh my god how big lol

swallows up my d60 and 3 lenses and flash unit a piece of cake.

Ideal for what i need thou. Im off to spain in a few weeks so this will be ideal to fit my clothes in there as well.

love it feels so strong and rugged.

Thanks so much for the review one of the best purchases ive made in a while

No problem. Enjoy the new bag. (y)

^
Yes, it's possible in several different ways - theres no particular way of doing it you can just tie it or slide it in wherever takes your fancy. I'll get a picture sorted in a bit if you wish?

(I have the bag for the moment - I'm using the centre compartment taken out in a 65+10 backpack. But it's not technically my bag)

Here are a few showing the different bits for the tripod attachments and whatnot. You've got a few bits for attaching things. Lots of loops and rings capable of standing up to a good bit of weight. Then I've also shown the bag empty to explain why the bag looks so floppy in the shots. Personally I quite like it like that, I reckon it looks a bit more natural on the street. (y)

1 - The bag itself
redsnapperduo1of6.jpg

2 - See EMPTY!!! No padded compartments (there in my other bag)
redsnapperduo2of6.jpg

3 - You can do it like this if you want -I'd usually attach it to the very bottom of the bag, but I didn't want to mark the floor too much ;)
redsnapperduo3of6.jpg

4 - Hooks.
redsnapperduo4of6.jpg

5 - Showing even more hooks!!!
redsnapperduo5of6.jpg

6 - Extra bits for attaching stuff.
redsnapperduo6of6.jpg

These bags look great...and at a very good price...my order for one has just gone in :D

just got my redsnapper duo top quality bag ordered yesterday 1pm came 9.20 this morning thanxs joe well worth the price (y)

Sorry to bump this, but could anybody confirm if there is any way of fitting two cameras (Canon 5D and Nikon D700) with a prime lens fitted on each (50mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.4) side-by-side in this bag? If they do fit will there be much room left over?

It's more for when I pack everything away rather than walking around, but it'd be good to know.

Thanks,
Ian

Would imagine there would be plenty of room, until last week I have been carrying:

Gripped 50mm 1.8mm lens attached
100-400mm L
70-200mm L f/2.8
10-20mm
18-55mm
Speedlite 430 EXII
Canon User guide
SD Card holder
2x remote controls (don't ask)
odds & sods

If all of that fits comfortably in the bag am sure to bodys would eb more than comfy with space left over :D

The strap on the Duo is pretty comfy, when I go out I still carry the whole lot and never have any probs with the strap cutting in so to speak :D

this is the bag i was looking at getting.
looks nice in the review, but it dont look as big as described. with the 1d in, it looks full
need to carry (most times) 5d with probally 24-70 attatched +hood
and a 30d body with or without a lens

70-200 f4 +hood
17-40 f4 +hood
sigma macro
sigma flash
maybe 100-400+hood
cd wallet (holding filters)
and other bits batts, cards,

oh and butties and flask LOL (would be nice)

The strap on the Duo is pretty comfy, when I go out I still carry the whole lot and never have any probs with the strap cutting in so to speak :D

Ryan would I get the 7 d 450 d and sigma 120 - 400 and canon 70 -100 nifty fifty, tamron and canon kit lens, plus hoods etc in it? can't remember how big and area it was:thinking: or should I go for something else, bit sick of carrying 2 bags around.

Think it may be a push, best thing is for me to pop up if I ever get a day off and try it...

Currently on day 17 of 21 days straight and it's really beginning to catch up with me now :(

Back