Redstart

Edit My Images
No
I think that it is a female Common Redstart moving towards 1st year winter plumage ........ but I sometimes get them confused with similar female Black Redstarts!!

ISO 720 - D810 - cropped
Red_Winter.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of very nice photos Bill. I prefer the second photo though, as it seem closer and shows more detail.

Nice shots, Bill.

Lovely BG's, shame about the light looking a bit flat but you can't have everything :D

No sun Wez . just consistent what I call ISO 800 light ....... quite good for photography ......... but it has turned cold here ..... 37C a week ago 17C today ...... I get the impression that a few bird are thinking about moving south

A couple of very nice photos Bill. I prefer the second photo though, as it seem closer and shows more detail.

Thanks Simon - there were 4 of them around

a couple more from today - hanging about in the same Elderberry Bush, Common and Black female Redstarts, (shows the difference between the two females)

a 1st year female Common using one of it's regular perch, (bird lime!!)

Red_perch.jpg

and a 1st year female Black Redstart

tail twitch got my shutter speed, not as sharpe as I would like

3rd.jpg

Last edited:
The first and last are by far the best shots Bill but that's my preference for clean backgrounds

The first and last are by far the best shots Bill but that's my preference for clean backgrounds

Thanks Stan

my favourites would be the first and the third images

I'm trying to take a few more "pictorial" shots this week, rather than my usual "Bird on a Stick" close up specimens as I have now got thousands of these

Nice shots, still one bird I have yet to manage to get any decent shots of, but its fun trying.

Tim.

Back