Reducing Bounce Rate?

Name
Jenna
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all!

I've noticed just recently that my bounce rate has increased, no idea why :/

So what I've done is removed everything from the homepage apart from the menu and the content blocks so that people have to click through to see anything.

Just wondering if any of you guys have found anything that works particularly well for reducing bounce rate.

This is my website if you would like to look www.ravenphotography.co.uk

If you want to reduce your bounce rate then you need your landing pages to be:

1) High quality
2) Relevant
3) Feature links to additional relevant content

Looking at that link, there's nothing on your home page enticing me to click. It tells me nothing about you, other than you take pictures in a range of genres.

What is that page meant to do? Who is it for? What do you want visitors to do as a result?

I'm not saying that my home page is the best example - indeed, I've actually given the business a rest for now - but I've used the copy on my website to try and briefly tell visitors something about myself and what I can do for them. (Ignore the blue box on the page - I wouldn't have put it there/nor left it their if I was actively looking for clients).

I guess the first question is were are people landing, your blog? home page, where?

I added a "related articles" thing to the bottom of each page which reduced bounce for me a lot. I think there's a way to automate this in wordpress but I did all mine manually. Having pics representing the related page helps a lot to get people to click. Ie see http://extreme-macro.co.uk/lab-lifter/ - at the bottom (ie once they've read the page) - "Related Articles"

Back