Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
plate?
piece of glass
perspex

to change the colour, put a piece of paper under the glass or perspex

Cheers Fletch, have spoken to a company based on the industrial estate across the river from where I work and going to pick up a couple of clear acrylic sheets tomorrow for a tenner (y)(y)(y)

Please could you post comments on this thread to let us all know if product is any good, I'v built similar idea for macro work but awkward and delicate, looks good if quality is, I look forward to results. Many thanks.....

Will do. I take it you mean about the box not the perspex don't you?:D

Well it's arrived (yesterday but could only pick it up from PO today). Looks good, took me a while to put it up, then husband looked and said I had it the wrong way round!!!

It's small but it is good for what it is. The lights are quite good with it as well but I haven't chanced my camera on the monopod thing yet. Need to iron the backgrounds as the fold creases show. Have taken a couple of piccies already of a Baileys bottle :LOL: but can't find my usb cable for my memory card reader, think I might have left it at work in the drawer so will upload tomorrow.

For how much it was and what it is it is good and gets a (y) from me.

My perspex board fits in the bottom quite well too.

Sounds promising, keep us updated, only worried it sounds cheap?? Look forward to updates... cheers

Well it's arrived (yesterday but could only pick it up from PO today). Looks good, took me a while to put it up, then husband looked and said I had it the wrong way round!!!

It's small but it is good for what it is. The lights are quite good with it as well but I haven't chanced my camera on the monopod thing yet. Need to iron the backgrounds as the fold creases show. Have taken a couple of piccies already of a Baileys bottle :LOL: but can't find my usb cable for my memory card reader, think I might have left it at work in the drawer so will upload tomorrow.

For how much it was and what it is it is good and gets a (y) from me.

My perspex board fits in the bottom quite well too.

My neighbour asked me to take some photos for her website (as she makes hand made silver jewellery with kids finger prints indented) and i bought one of those. I used some silver foil to bounce the light up you can use the reflective or matt sides, also some small pieces of white card. Blue tac comes in handy to hold it in place.

Right, well I haven't posted any other piccies as I have really been too happy with them - the only two I have posted are my potm entry and my 52.09.

It's hard for me to get used to, getting the right settings but it is quite a good little set up. It packs away nicely and hides behind the sofa. The lights do get a bit warm though and you need to make sure they are pointing at the right angle first - as I have learnt that it's a little bit warm to move the angle on them after they've been on for a while:LOL:

If you want a cheap and cheerful set up, then go for this one. You then have the lights as well as spots if you make a bigger table top studio type thing :D

Right, well I haven't posted any other piccies as I have really been too happy with them - the only two I have posted are my potm entry and my 52.09.

It's hard for me to get used to, getting the right settings but it is quite a good little set up. It packs away nicely and hides behind the sofa. The lights do get a bit warm though and you need to make sure they are pointing at the right angle first - as I have learnt that it's a little bit warm to move the angle on them after they've been on for a while:LOL:

If you want a cheap and cheerful set up, then go for this one. You then have the lights as well as spots if you make a bigger table top studio type thing :D

Thanks for the update, I think I may continue with my DIY setup. But very grateful of your info, thank you......

slate, mirrors, tiles, plexiglass

TOP TIP
find the guys who make shop signs in your area - they have matt and reflective plastics, that can be underlit in most colours. My local one sells me (large) offcuts for under a fiver

Cool, I think a DIY set up is needed as well for bigger projects so I'm going to give that a go at the weekend :D

slate, mirrors, tiles, plexiglass

TOP TIP
find the guys who make shop signs in your area - they have matt and reflective plastics, that can be underlit in most colours. My local one sells me (large) offcuts for under a fiver

Don't you just love it when people read the whole thread first but thanks for the other ideas :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back