Reflective light portrait

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
One evening last week sat outside whilst on holiday. Taken in low light at f/2 compensating to get the face from the tablet reflection.

ADY_4377.jpg

I do like images like this the glow you get looks fab.

Gaz

I think this is a great modern take on the traditional pose using candlelight.

..a great modern take on the traditional pose using candlelight.
Very interesting observation, and I agree- it is a remarkably good & effective study, with an intimate feel to it that is very charming. Must have been difficult to meter for, and expose for- I'm sure the subject would not be still for long!

HI Adrian, I think this has worked really well (liking the B&W). Definitely one for the desk :)

That's very nice Adrian, good composition and a very nice bit of B&W PP work.(y)

George.

Lovely expression and capture
The bright screen with the black shape slightly spoils it for me by distracting my eye from the face but this happens with candids
I'd be tempted to try again with the hand out the way and tone down brightness of screen, but a nice shot of her all the same

Thanks guys - finished edit is 12" x 12" so not a bad size to output to a printed format.

Re black shapes/lines on the screen I could edited out I guess or even replace with something like Dear Santa............

I guess it depends on how good your PS skills are, but I don't mind what's on the screen.

Really very nice. In my opinion it's a shame that the tablet isn't angled towards the face/away from the camera more, as it's by far the brightest element and draws my eye. You made the best of it, though :)

Nice shot.

I'm fine with the screen / light source being in the shot. The little girl's right hand, or what ever else is in there is however a different matter. Looks like a hand puppet or something. (not meaning to be offensive, just can't figure it out!) I find it a bit distracting and would crop just at the light/shadow line on the frame of the tablet to make it a bit less obtrusive.

Really like this, I love the way phones and tablets light up faces, it can make for some great photos. + people are so engrossed they never notice they're being photographed.

And they tend to have blank expressions so its more natural look its hard to achieve normally.

I love the shot. Yes, the right hand could be better placed to make it look more like a hand but then it's not a candid shot.

You could also hide the tablet in a book so there's a glow from the book.

Back