Refurbished laptop ~ sources/places to buy?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I would appreciate others user experiences of buying a refurbished (to get good quality under new price?) Laptop.

At the moment my likely spec needs would to be:-

13 to 15 inch screen
i5 quad core
8GB (16GB would be nice)
nVidia GTX 1080 graphics (the minimum to run DxO PhotoLab )
256GB SSD (500 would be better)
Windows 10 (Pro if possible)
USB 3 ports
Min 1 year warranty

This will not be a main editing PC but for travel use to check, store/backup images. NB possibly some initial editing to see how 'they' look.

Budget wise..... hopefully max £400 ???

Thanks guys for the suggestions & insights:)

Looking quickly at both Dell & Tier1 using their filter tools...

It seems none, based on the criteria, I entered, have a powerful enough graphics system/'card' to handle PhotoLab. I will drill down a bit more when I can and determine, for the travel purposes need, whether I can lower my expectations re: even basic editing??? Perhaps just to image review i.e. using Fast Raw Viewer which I use for 'analysis' & culling.

I've bought 2 laptops from Dell outlet, refurbished, but both have been very high spec and worth the prices I paid which were between £1500-£2k. For £400 I wouldn't expect much.

I've bought 2 laptops from Dell outlet, refurbished, but both have been very high spec and worth the prices I paid which were between £1500-£2k. For £400 I wouldn't expect much.
I am over optimistic :LOL:
As I say a rethink required as to just what I need to achieve the compromise spec :thinking:

I've bought a couple of phones and a laptop from BackMarket, they've all been excellent. I traded my old phone in to them too, and they have me a better price than I'd have got if I'd tried to sell it. Definitely recommend.

I usually look to see what Morgan Computers have when looking to replace one of my 'site' laptops, site as in gets used on building sites to set up AV systems and room control so they tend to have a short life due to dust and carpet fibres.

I originally bought from Morgan when they were on New Oxford St. just around the corner from Morgan Cameras in TCR which dates how long I have been buying from them, these days they are on line trading from the Midlands.

In general.....

HP or Dell....which would you choose given that both for similar specs are available???

Back