Relieving the boredom of the supermarket

Name
Barbara
Edit My Images
No
I had to go to the supermarket today and it's just down the road from Hobs Point at Pembroke Dock where the Irish Ferry comes into. There was no ferry there today as it was the wrong time, but I did enjoy taking the photos.

#1 Looking out toward the Haven

2584538083_9545e68c42_o.jpg

#2 Alternative View

2584538761_bcb13e3f23_o.jpg

#3 The Canon facing out to the Haven

2584539059_6176dcc2d4_o.jpg

#4 The Canon facing out toward the Neyland toll bridge.

2585370018_42a5159a73_o.jpg

I'm not sure which ones I prefer, C&C welcome please.

They are excellent HWG ... (y) ... the DoF in all of them, especially the two cannon shots, is awesome ... :clap: ... great way to enjoy the shopping ... :D

:p

I had to go to the supermarket today...at Pembroke Dock.

Was that the Tesco's...!? Visited that one many times! :nuts:

Nice shots btw. I like the first one best, but would crop out the sky and sea more to get a wider shot. (y)

I like the two cannon shots the best as they have forground and background interest.

In the first two, for me, the background docks appears to be to much of a fuzz in the distance rather than anything very interesting, also there is a little to much sky and sea.

Was that the Tesco's...!? Visited that one many times! :nuts:

Nice shots btw. I like the first one best, but would crop out the sky and sea more to get a wider shot. (y)

No I went to Lidls - it's just a couple of hundred metres up the road from Hobs Point. Thanks for your comments I will give the crop version a try later.

They are excellent HWG ... (y) ... the DoF in all of them, especially the two cannon shots, is awesome ... :clap: ... great way to enjoy the shopping ... :D
Thanks for looking Venomater. It certainly is better than shopping(y)

:p

I like the two cannon shots the best as they have forground and background interest.

In the first two, for me, the background docks appears to be to much of a fuzz in the distance rather than anything very interesting, also there is a little to much sky and sea.

Thanks Coldfuse. I'm trying a crop version later.

Very good Barbara. I particularly like the 2 cannon shots. Think you've definitley found your photographic niche (y)

Here's the crop, though I haven't cropped out the sky as I am trying to stick to the rule of thirds. There is plenty of detail in the background, just that it's lost in the small resize.

2587640941_1b99ec760c_o.jpg

What do you think? Better or worse?

Back