Reluctant Gardener

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Whoa ! How hot is it today :) Not good in the heat myself :-( Anyways I was cutting the lawn/daydreaming when this image came to mind. My Daughter was off work this morning so we took this together.
Not sure if this is the right place but there is a person in there.

Gaz

1zwp5xd.jpg

Well composed to have the pale head against the dark foliage and the coloured clothing stands out well against the green leaves. An earnest expression, but no sign of sweat, even with a shirt and t shirt on a hot day. ;)

Yep, works for me.
Liking the composition very much.
There's even room in your top pocket for a small beer to keep you going!

You are right, it is hot today. I had some hedges that needed trimming before our visitors arrive on Friday. I was out there at 6-45 this morning, had breakfast at 8-15 after completing the hedge cutting and then went back outside and washed the car. All chores completed by 10-30, so had a shower and change.:)

PS. My weather station is now showing 35.2c @ 12-45, but as the thermo is against a fence, I would say it could be reading 2c above the real temperature, despite it being in the shade.

Well composed to have the pale head against the dark foliage and the coloured clothing stands out well against the green leaves. An earnest expression, but no sign of sweat, even with a shirt and t shirt on a hot day. ;)
Hi Peter
Thanks for stopping by and leaving some feedback. Good point re: the pale head against the tree had not really thought of it at the time other than trying not to iclude to much sky and not get a tree trunk coming from the top of my head. I get your drift with the sweat thing/shirt but trust me i'm no Coke guy, much better with the shirt on :)
Weather shots are money shots. Get them out to a news agency!
Thank you.
Excellent shot Gary, plenty of drama
Cheers Glyn that was what I was hoping to acheive.
Yep, works for me.
Liking the composition very much.
There's even room in your top pocket for a small beer to keep you going!
:) Great idea !
You are right, it is hot today. I had some hedges that needed trimming before our visitors arrive on Friday. I was out there at 6-45 this morning, had breakfast at 8-15 after completing the hedge cutting and then went back outside and washed the car. All chores completed by 10-30, so had a shower and change.:)

PS. My weather station is now showing 35.2c @ 12-45, but as the thermo is against a fence, I would say it could be reading 2c above the real temperature, despite it being in the shade.
My you are a busy bee !

Gaz

That's a great shot Gary, good idea and well executed.(y)

George.

Brilliant, love the composition and the colours, awesome image.

Great fun idea, lovely composition & clever use of rimlight against a dark backdrop. I really like the daisies, they add quite a bit to the shot.

My eyes are trying to tell me there's some minor weirdness going on, I think in the processing. Have you recovered the sky's highlights and perhaps also some of the leaves? (select colour range or the magic wand selection tool might have helped create a mask with minimal fuss)

The exposure over your body is good. Did you use a reflector or lift the exposure in post? I suspect the latter 'cos it draws attention to the fact that you're not quite sharp in the image.

Top marks, though, for attempting to create anything in the heat. I was going to try but just didn't get around to it.

Last edited:
Brilliant, love the composition and the colours, awesome image.

Cheers Micheal.

Great fun idea, lovely composition & clever use of rimlight against a dark backdrop. I really like the daisies, they add quite a bit to the shot.

My eyes are trying to tell me there's some minor weirdness going on, I think in the processing. Have you recovered the sky's highlights and perhaps also some of the leaves? (select colour range or the magic wand selection tool might have helped create a mask with minimal fuss)

The exposure over your body is good. Did you use a reflector or lift the exposure in post? I suspect the latter 'cos it draws attention to the fact that you're not quite sharp in the image.

Top marks, though, for attempting to create anything in the heat. I was going to try but just didn't get around to it.

Hiya Simon.

Thanks for the feedback :)
Yes your keen eyes are correct. The sky area was near white so I used the raw file twice once for the image and again for the sky with exsposure pulled right down then masked it off it as effected some of the tree area.
Didnt use a reflector body is as shot face was a bit flat so have dodged n burned a bit here and there.
Yes dof was not quite deep enough to get me completely sharp but I thought i'd get away with it on this type of photo.
Was a first for me trying to use the flash outdoors must have had a brainwave to think it would add something to the photo. As it happened the shot before this one the flash didnt fire and the image is just dire.

Gaz

Last edited:
Back