Remember I was doing a wedding in a castle????

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Well it was a fortnight ago!

It poured all morning.. but let up nearing the time. The wind was blowing a gale. The bride's veil kept blowing up vertical above her head!

Was horrendously stressful for me... first wedding, no assistant. the wedding was essentially in 3 places as far as I was concerned. The places where the guests arrived.. then over a bridge and round the castle and up some outside steps which went in throught a door and up a dark small spiral staircase to the upper room of the castle where the altar was.

Somehow I had to take shots of guests arriving, ushers & groom, groom standing at altar... and bride arriving in car (downstairs again and run across the bridge!) which were all about 200 yards apart!!

However... all went well, and here are a few for you. the little boy is the grooms 5 year old son, Freddie.

PN1.jpg

PN2.jpg

PN3.jpg

PN4.jpg

PN5.jpg

PN6.jpg

PN7.jpg

PN8.jpg

PN9.jpg

A good set and I've been meaning to ask how you got on. I like the confetti throwing one but I'd be inclined to try and include more of the grooms head, the sepia toning works very well on the shot of the little boy kissing the bride's hand. The last one is very good as well with excellent toning.

Thanks Colin. I worked on that confetti shot for a long time trying to get the vignette in the right place.. its almost impossible if you use an actual eliptical selection. if I pulled it over his way then the brides head was covered. :shrug:

I suppose I could have tried it by hand and pulled it over that way but then it would look non-symetrical wouldnt it.

Also, does anyone else get lots of "blinkers" when using flash? I was amazed how many I got.. nearly all of the b&g at the alter were blinkers. I gather its the pre-flash and that if you do it manually and give it a second till the real flash then it does away with lots of blinking.
How do I do this please? Sigma 500 DG super.

Dont know much about weddings Janice but to me you have done a very good job for a first attempt at being the official photographer

:clap: WELL DONE JANICE ...
as for being the main tog it is very scary .." well i thought so but i was only helping"
tfs hope you enjoy looking back at them i think they will love them from what ive seen so far

dave(y)

Well you survived! :clap: Sounds very stressful, but I think you bagged it. Some really nice shots with #6 and #8 standing out for me the most. The little boy is a cutie. Not too sure about the last one as it appears a liitle awkward.

Excellent set there Janice. They should be very pleased with that lot.

My favorite by far is the little boy kissing the bride's hand - fantastic capture and the toning suits it perfectly. Sounds like it was a pretty stressful day but, by the looks of this set, you came through it with flying colours. Really pleased it went so well for you (y)

Just a thought (and I know it's not everyone's cup of tea) but I wonder what a selective desat would look like on the wedding rings shot :shrug: ie - just picking out the rings in colour :)

yep. Nice set, looks like a nice location too.

well done Janice, they really look great, although the first one looks like you've overdone the shadow/highlight a tad? Might just be the flash has done it though...I'm no expert! :LOL:

I couldn't do a wedding on my own, it is stressful and considering the elements you have done remarkeably well!

I had a bridesmaid that reacted badly to flash at one wedding, she has sleepy eyes in all the shots!!

Lovely set there Janice - re the blinkers - my better half is a notorious blinker but I took cjnicolai's advice & got her to close her eyes, I count down from 3 ("three, two, one, open") & then she opens them - voila. I've tried it a few more times with larger groups & it seems to work a treat.

Back