Remember one of these?

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi looking through some of my old photo's and came across this from last year me thinks. Got 3 old school bmx's this is my favourite.....

Skyway-Ta-1.jpg

I've got a 1978 Mongoose Motomag and a 1984 Mongoose Californian, thats an 1983 Skyway Ta.

Oh my god. I had one of these along with a Tuff Burner and a Diamond back Silver Streak. This takes me back...Thanks for posting.;)

If you are thinking of selling would you bear me in mind?. Thanks....Jason (West Midlands)

great picture
and how is the bike so clean?!?!?

If you are thinking of selling would you bear me in mind?. Thanks....Jason (West Midlands)

Hi Jason you wouldn't believe the prices of some of the old school stuff, Haro Freestyler Generation 1 bikes fetch well over a grand, I paid £500 for this in 2008.

what an absolute classic, thanks for sharing. I had the black chopper with the flames on the chain gaurd - but I wanted a bmx

Aaah the 80's ! I loved the bmx days of old .Have you still got this bike ? would you sell it ? ps nice flight crank ;)

Great bike. I remember when they released Tuff II's in white, when everyone had black ones from their Burners. Do you remember OGK's.
Dean:)

Hi Dino, yeah remember OGK's they made wheels and grips if my memory serves me...... Here's my other bikes...

Mongoose Motomag 1978
motomag.jpg

Mongoose Californian 1984
cali.jpg

We the People - Trust 2007
trust.jpg

Last edited:
I always wanted a Mongoose (or a Kuwahara) when I was a lad, but they were £400-odd back in the lates 70s/early 80s, so I ended up with getting a Puch (from Halfords :LOL:), removing all the decals and fitting a set of red Mongoose pads :naughty:

Blimey, this brings back memories..

My BMX days consisted of a Falcon Pro Theta (dont laugh!), followed by a Firebird Freestyler (A cherry red custom built one - DP limited edition or something like that). Always wanted a GT Pro Performer.

Can't believe how much these go for now!!!

These do certainly bring back memories.

I'm half tempted by your advert to sell these - I'm sure my daughter would be happy !

Back