remorse and advice plz

Name
Antony
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok I'm suffering Buyers remorse I've just bought and paid for a canon 600d so that I can upgrade from the 350D I was using I know the 600d is a better camera but now I keep thinking of all the things I could have got for the house etc with the cash I paid for the camera and I'll probably be like this until it arrives. so thats the remorse part of the title covered.

here's the request for advice part obviously I'll be going through the 600d videos on youtube again before it arrives but does anyone who has used the 600d have any advice about using it.

I've got this camera. Not sure what advice you're after but it is a good camera. Matched up with L glass and non L glass it capture sharp images...Don't watch 600d videos, watch general information videos on shutter, ISO and aperture setting. Use the camera in manual or priority modes, move away from auto. Use you histogram to help set exposure...The 600D camera is perfectly good tool. I also had the 350D, which again could be used to capture decent images.

Use the camera to print off photos for your home, then you will feel that it is being put to good use.

I've got this camera. Not sure what advice you're after but it is a good camera. Matched up with L glass and non L glass it capture sharp images...Don't watch 600d videos, watch general information videos on shutter, ISO and aperture setting. Use the camera in manual or priority modes, move away from auto. Use you histogram to help set exposure...The 600D camera is perfectly good tool. I also had the 350D, which again could be used to capture decent images.

Use the camera to print off photos for your home, then you will feel that it is being put to good use.

The advice side was about the settings on the camera as the 350 was the first proper camera I'd ever owned and the 600d is the first camera I've owned (other than action cameras) that takes video so I was wondering if the settings are the same type of thing..

I think many of us suffer that buyers remorse, I know I do tbh. But we shouldn’t, most of us work hard to have nice things and that includes ‘toys’ that bring us joy. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying materialistic things as long as we keep perspective of what’s truly important.

I suffer buyers remorse. End up selling the kit. Then suffering a sense of loss. And then buyers remorse again after finding something to fill the void. And so on. Now I just don’t look at anything other than what I have. Keeps the temptation at bay.

Anyway...

If the upgrade is big enough I believe the remorse will soon fade so my advise would be to take a day and a few batteries taking all sorts of imagery and learning from doing. The basics are the same as the 350D so wasting time on 600D videos will be just that. A waste of time.

If you really plan on shooting video then a couple of videos on what basic settings you should start it with to ensure you have a good base to start wouldn’t hurt. Besides that? I wouldn’t bother.

The advice side was about the settings on the camera as the 350 was the first proper camera I'd ever owned and the 600d is the first camera I've owned (other than action cameras) that takes video so I was wondering if the settings are the same type of thing..
Ahh, I see, I've not really used canon for video, some I'm no help there.

As the chaps have said here, enjoy your hard earned gadget. Remember, there are no pockets in shrouds...

I’m the same, it’s pathological with me. I’ve owed so many cameras it’s unreal. Utilately I end up regretting getting rid of the kit so I feel no better selling it or sending it back.

I recently purchased a 1DX MarkII and I’m already looking around and questioning my choice, D850 has the extra mega pixels for large prints and detail, Sony A9 is lighter and will save my back....

Ok I'm suffering Buyers remorse I've just bought and paid for a canon 600d so that I can upgrade from the 350D I was using I know the 600d is a better camera but now I keep thinking of all the things I could have got for the house etc with the cash I paid for the camera and I'll probably be like this until it arrives. so thats the remorse part of the title covered.

here's the request for advice part obviously I'll be going through the 600d videos on youtube again before it arrives but does anyone who has used the 600d have any advice about using it.

You could look at this another way, buying a camera has stopped you from buying some expensive brightly coloured ceramic cats dressed as superheroes from Collectables.

I have never had buyer's remorse but then I never buy anything I do not actually want - I am on my third DSLR since I bought my first in 2006 (also a 350D!). It is an excellent camera and I am still selling pictures I took with mine.

Last edited:
Why have remorse, that is a very frugal purchase

the remorse side is I paid a 3 figure sum for a camera and the 350D I use only cost me £35 for what I paid for the camera I could have brought a 3d printer and still had change to buy a 3d scanner as well (yes, I have many hobbies..)

the remorse side is I paid a 3 figure sum for a camera and the 350D I use only cost me £35 for what I paid for the camera I could have brought a 3d printer and still had change to buy a 3d scanner as well (yes, I have many hobbies..)

Everyone is in the same boat. I could have a 3 year old car instead of a 12 year old one if I did not have ant photography gear.

Or traveled to most if not all countries in the EU instead of none lol.

I've felt buyers remorse with many purchases, but never once with camera gear. Photography is my main hobby, I don't tend to treat myself to anything else and even buying and selling photo-gear I keep it on the down low.

I have went a bit crazy over the years and splurged, like when the D800E first came out, I just had to have it! I wasn't doing any paid work at the time, but the yearning was about the strongest i ever had for gear - 3500 I paid straight out for body alone, and decided I should have some nice lenses to go with so I bought the 24-70 2.8 and the 70-200 VRII while I was at it. It wasn't long until I added a 35mm 1.4 and 85mm primes on top. I did end up getting some work because of the gear, because I suddenly felt all 'pro' :LOL: and actually began to accept those requests to do weddings. I did make a bunch of that splurge right back .... but the stress of it all damn near killed me, I've been downsizing ever since :ROFLMAO: No regrets or remorse, I just felt I bit off a little more than I could chew at the time.

Think yourself lucky you didn't buy a D850.

Take some nice shots and get some canvases made from them and stick em on your living room walls.

Voila! You've bought something for the house to ease your conscience.

Back