Remote Control Settings on D300

Name
Mac
Edit My Images
No
Hi - ive had my D300 a few weeks now and im slowly working my way through the features. For the life of me i cannot work out how to set up my remote control, i have trawled the book, the menus etc but still cant find it! i had it set up on my D70 no probs and ive even looked back at that book to try to match it up in the D300....to no avail! the D70 had the button on top left corner (format in bracket). hope someone can help, i bet its really easy!
thanks

What remote control do you have?

If it's the ML-L3 infrared remote, it won't work with the D300. You have to use a cable remote which connects to the 10 pin connector on the D300, available off e-bay for a lot less than the horrendously priced Nikon one!

The radio remotes also have a greater range than the ML-3 Nikon remote. I have a Hama one which works very well with a range of over 10 metres even with the aerial down (search on Amazon for "Hama Wireless Remote Control Release.ni-1").

Nikon haven't helped reduce confusion by giving the completely different remotes such similar part numbers - the ML-L3 is the one for the D70 (and others) while the ML-3 is the one for the higher specced bodies with the 10 pin socket on the front.

Have a look at this thread, ;) .. you'll be happily surprised by what you kind find so close to your thread.

A very friendly neighborhood :)

thanks everyone - i got frustrated i went to jessops and asked to be told that my infra red wont work on D300. I got a hannel which had £5 off. :)). thanks again

Back