Remote shutter release not working :( help?

Name
Roy
Edit My Images
No
Ok so months ago my cheap yongnuo remote shutter release worked fine,didnt bother to use it for a while,so now i want to use it the yongnuo refuses to work,i have borrowed my mates and his wont work on mine but on his camera,it's a canon 1100D,i have messed around with settings since the last time i tried remote shutter release,could there be a setting wrong on the camera? i'm on manual and BULB,wont even attempt to focus on MF or AF :(

I hope it's not a fault with the camera :(

If anybody could help,i'd be much appreciative!

Have you tried your remote on another camera, it could just be a faulty unit, better that than a faulty camera.

as mentioned above i borrowed my mates remote release which worked on his but it wont work on mine,we have same model of cameras,is their no other setting in the camera what so ever i can check,its either faulty camera or.........? remote shutter definately works,thats 2 ive tried now,gutted :(

What model of shutter relese is it?

Ok so months ago my cheap yongnuo remote shutter release worked fine,didnt bother to use it for a while,so now i want to use it the yongnuo refuses to work,i have borrowed my mates and his wont work on mine but on his camera,it's a canon 1100D,i have messed around with settings since the last time i tried remote shutter release,could there be a setting wrong on the camera? i'm on manual and BULB,wont even attempt to focus on MF or AF :(

I hope it's not a fault with the camera :(

If anybody could help,i'd be much appreciative!

Perhaps there is a clue in your description of the shutter release. By and large you tend to get what you pay for.

as mentioned above i borrowed my mates remote release which worked on his but it wont work on mine,we have same model of cameras,

Did you try your release on your mate's camera?

is their no other setting in the camera what so ever i can check,its either faulty camera or.........? remote shutter definately works,thats 2 ive tried now,gutted :(

Eh?

p.s. have you checked that the socket on your camera is free of muck?

Perhaps there is a clue in your description of the shutter release. By and large you tend to get what you pay for.

i borrowed my mates which isn't cheap.......his 1 worked on his camera but not mine...........

Also the socket is fine already mentioned that(y)

is their no settings in the camera i can check in the menu somewhere? or is it just plug and play with these things?

I have ordered a 79 quid shutter release that is going to be of no use to me if i can't get this problem sorted :(

What model of shutter release is it, RF602, RF603?

what is back button focus? cant remember name of shutter release but me and my mate have both got identical cameras bought 1 month apart,it works on his but not mine!

and how do i turn back button focus off,i have been doing to much messing around with this camera lol!!

on bulb setting it dosnt focus with half press of shutter,but on other settings it does focus on half press......

Can i do that myself? If so how?

Cheers.

Go into setup menu 3, clear settings.

T3-1-19.jpg

The model number will be on the remote somewhere

I no longer have my friends shutter release...my yongnuo shutter release that ihad working before is.......... WR-159RX

i take it has a IR remote control function ie ( that you can turn on and off)i havent had a look at my 1100d you may have turnt it off , now im just guessing as i have never set 1 up on my camera has it got a transmiter and recever in the hot shoe do you not have to enable or disable the onboard flash? is it a 1or 2 channel remote if it is maybe there on different channels.

Cheers for all the help,i'm buying a new camera tomorrow,lost all faith in the camera so i have sold it on cheap :)

i dont think you can use a IR remote on the 1100d same as you cant lock the mirror, i think the only shutter release you can use is the rs-60e3 shame you had to sell it, what you going for next?

I have bought a 650D i was going to pay a little extra for the 7D but couldn't justify,650D has the aps-c sensor that the 1100d didn't have,plus alot of other features so i'm happy with that,for now....... :p

Back