Remote shutter release problem

I think the little switch on the back may select instant shooting or the 2 second delay.

Other than that check the shooting mode on the camera.

There is no little switch on the back. And I've checked what I can think of on the camera. I've tried only in 'one shot', there is only one setting for remote, so I'm using that, but it instantly says two second timer.
It's madness having a release that only does a two second delay and I can't see any setting to change that.
:( There must be some way of changing it.

looking at the first review on amazon they mention a switch on the under side of the remote does yours have one

There is no little switch on the back. And I've checked what I can think of on the camera. I've tried only in 'one shot', there is only one setting for remote, so I'm using that, but it instantly says two second timer.
It's madness having a release that only does a two second delay and I can't see any setting to change that.
:( There must be some way of changing it.

As per your latest post, if the remote doesn't support instant release you might be scuppered.

It's not complete madness having a 2 second delay, for instance if you're doing long exposure at night it wouldn't matter if the shutter went off straight away or after 2 seconds.

Might be worth investing in the one you linked first as it says it's switchable to use the 2 second delay :)

Would seem from the reviews that you need to set the camera to timer

Hi Lucy

As above, from reading the reviews, it looks like you need to set your camera to remote / timer setting for either 2 or 10 secs.

Only you can decide if the 2 sec delay is accaptable for you or whether it'll drive you nuts ...

How long have you had it ? Can you return it and buy the genuine wireless remote as this allows instant shooting (by the little switch on the back everyone was talking about) ?

Last edited:
It says on the description it'll do instant release, check the custom functions in camera, try the manual for guidance.

It says it will, but it seems, no it won't! I have ordered another (with switch) and will let you know how it goes! Thanks.

I had the same, that issue and the fact that there is no rear facing sensor for the remote led me to change to using the original wired remote

Back