Remote trigger for video

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a wired trigger for my 550d which does the job for photos. But in video mode it doesn't start/stop the video. It just takes a photo.

I'm looking for a wireless remote for my 5DIII that will start/stop video. Does such a thing exist?

The problem I'm trying to solve is this: I video classical piano recitals. And I have the 5D on stage looking over the shoulder of the performer to capture the technique - great for fast movement often in low light. And the 550 aimed through the open piano at their face to capture the emotion - a softer look where details aren't as important. I also record with a Zoom H4N on the floor under the piano. Believe it or not the sound down there is incredible!

So the 550 is usually off stage right with a 135mm, and I have easy access to the controls. Now the 5D doesn't record for more than 30 minutes at a time, so I need to stop/start between each piece. (Not normally more than 10-15 each).

With a bit of editing this two camera setup works well, and I don't need an assistant.

I've looked into Power Wizards (expensive) and those iPhone gadgets (unproven and might not be around for support in 10 years time). What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

dslr controller for a wired setup running to an android tablet?

pretty sure that the 5dmk3 has an option to enable the shutter button to start/stop recording in video mode. Enable that, and just get any cheap camera radio remote shutter from ebay for about a tenner

Back