Remote Trigger Systems - which one ?

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I think its boiling down to pocket wizards vs yongyuo - my ebay cheapos are rubbish. Lucky if I get more than 10 foot, battery run is dreadful. I want to invest - not looking to flash over a football field, but 20-30 metres (max) would be great.

I'm going to have to upgrade my flashguns, Im using neweer speedlite's and I have neweer strobes - I'd love to use the strobes on remote, at the moment I use the speedlites to trigger the strobe via slave but I'd rather have more direct control (i.e. wouldn't want someone else's flash to set it off).

Not bothered about having a million channels either, just good strong strength signal, Im thinking probably 1 send unit and 2 to 3 receivers.

Any advice on this, greatly received :) (even better if you have a link to something on sale! :) :)

I have just bought the Yongnuo 622n and so far very happy with them. They apparently have a 100m range

don't seem to do 622n's for canon, just nikon. im hoping i can re-use my AAA rechargables, i think the 603 will most likely be my option. i can buy 4 for the price of 1 pocket wizard.

Hmmm. anyone got the 603's ? :)

I've got 2 pairs of RF-603s and they work great. I use them to fire 2 speedlights (1 canon and 1 yongnuo) and a Lencarta studio flash.

Back