1. Gogster

Gogster

Name:
    Darryl
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Looking for suggestions for removable camera straps, ones I have tried already:

Peak Design Slide
    Op/Tech Pro/Original
    Black Rapid Sport

With regards to the last one, I'm not keen on under-slung straps, so would prefer to stay away from that style, thanks.

2. realspeed

realspeed

Name:
    Bazza
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Having looked Peak design seem the easiest to undo with their push button clip design, but don't own any. I am thinking you want to fix to the camera base but that, depending on fixing means unscrewing the strap from that position

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  3. snerkler

snerkler

Edit My Images:
    No
    I own all three you have tried and I’m yet to find one better than the peak design.

4. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    +1 on Peak Design, I have a wrist strap and one of the Summit ones

5. sk66

sk66

Name:
    Steven
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Unless the lens is on the really large/heavy side I don't use straps at all. I use Spyder pro hand straps and spider pro holsters w/ carry speed FS-1 plates.

For the heavier stuff I usually use the PD Slide or Op Tech Utility Sling attached to an arca swiss clamp/tether (which attaches to the lens foot).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  6. johnf3f

johnf3f

Name:
    john
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Gogster likes this.
  7. Gogster

Gogster

Name:
    Darryl
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks John, the Matin looks good, need to weigh up the length of the attachments that are left on the camera when the strap is detached, which also turn into a convenient carry handle.

A lot of fans for the PD slide, which is a good strap, the heavy metal adjustment buckles I'm not a fan of, found them bulky and clunky.

8. old bloke

old bloke

Name:
    bob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have a Black Rapid strap, I forget the actual model name which I use attached to the tripod foot of my 100-400 and a Peak Design leash which is attached to the normal strap lugs on the body when using smaller lens's

I find both of them very good in there respective roles.

gcgraphs likes this.