Remove “snap” in photoshop

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
When moving an object in photoshop it tends to ‘snap’ into place however I’m sure that if I used to hold CMD (Mac) and move the mouse the object would move freely, however this does not appear to work anymore. I can go into menu and disable snap and then turn it back on when Im done but I’d rather do it by holding a key as it’s quicker.

Have they removed this feature or has mine got a ‘bug’?

On PC you can hold down CTRL and move freely. Not sure on a mac though. You do need to have snap enabled though.

Have you tried the discover menu? On PC its CTRL + F, so guessing CMD + F on mac

On PC you can hold down CTRL and move freely. Not sure on a mac though. You do need to have snap enabled though.

Have you tried the discover menu? On PC its CTRL + F, so guessing CMD + F on mac
Thanks, I’ll look at CMD + F and see what I find (y)

OK so I have to click the mouse first and then press option then it will move freely. If I press option first then the mouse click it brings up a menu.

Well if it works ;)
Sprry mate, I have no idea on Macs. The only thing I do, is CTRL and CMD usually work in the same way in PS

Well if it works ;)
Sprry mate, I have no idea on Macs. The only thing I do, is CTRL and CMD usually work in the same way in PS
Yeah it’s fine now, was just pointing out it has to be done in a specific manner in case anyone else has the same question (y)
Go to view in the menu bar, scroll to snap and uncheck
Thanks that’s what I was doing but wanted a shortcut key command, which I’ve now figured out as above (y)

That`s cool. Glad you got it sorted (y)

Back