removing and Reinstalling lightroom

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there anything I should know about removing lightroom v2 and reinstalling a new version bought?

Obviously I wouldnt want to loose any catalogue changes etc.

Leave your old version on the PC but do not have it in use.

Instal your newer version and Lightroom will do the rest.

the catalogue files are what you need. make sure you know where they are and when you open the new version it will ask where your catalogues are - point to them and they will open in Lr2

Currently the beta for Lr3 does not allow you to import an existing catalogue.

the catalogue files are what you need. make sure you know where they are and when you open the new version it will ask where your catalogues are - point to them and they will open in Lr2

Currently the beta for Lr3 does not allow you to import an existing catalogue.

Cheers, a friend tells me that her old version of LR has become super slow and want me to reinstall the new one she got for her business.

Go to the prefernces menu and you can optimize and restart lightroom. this should speed things up a bit.

If it's the same generation i.e.2.x then simply installing it will over right the older version.You can download the latest version 2.5 from the Adobe web site. Provided you have a valid licence it will update automatically
However if it's running slow I suspect as been mentioned earlier the problem may be with the Database. You should try optisiming this first. From Lightroom menu, select Catalog settings. You'll get a pop up, at the bottom, select optimise and relaunch. See if that makes any difference

If the previous version is still version 2.x just download the update to version 2.5.

Unless the previous one was a cracked version with god know what changed to bypass all the activation stuff.

Settings are all stored in a specific folder, not sure where on Windows though, it might be worth copying that folder just in case.

Back